Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowdonia Ford Tour - Round 2

Dear All,

I am currently arranging a North Wales Snowdonia tour for the end of the season. It’s planned for the weekend of Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th September 2009. Some of you may recall the previous Snowdonia tour that was arranged in September 2007, by Aled and I. The feedback from that was excellent.
    It’s a tour of Snowdonia National Park in North Wales and will consist of the following;

Saturday 12th September:

Meet in the morning at “Cae Gwyn Farm” Campsite, a few miles north of Dolgellau. The farm itself is set in the heart of 190 Acres of a beautiful Nature Reserve, with stunning views in all directions.
    It’s a really nice site, good clean facilities, secure and ample parking for the cars, with easy access to Snowdonia National Park.
    We will then proceed in convoy around Snowdonia, taking in some fabulous scenery and driving some of the best roads Wales has to offer. We may even venture towards Angelsey (exact route to be confirmed).
    We will be stopping off at various points of interest throughout the day, returning in the evening to the campsite for a well earned BBQ and beers.

Sunday 13th September:

Breakfast at the Campsite, clean the cars, then off for another great day, travelling through Snowdonia and out towards the coast before finishing up at “The Horseshoe Pass” in Llangollen. We’ve picked this as the finishing point for three reasons, it’s a great meeting point, popular with motorbikes and sports cars, secondly, it has fantastic views and thirdly it’s within easy access of the local road networks, eg. A55, M56, M6 etc. See http://www.ponderosacafe.co.uk/ for more details.

I would like to point out that this is not an organised event such as The Lakes. This is merely a gathering of friends and their Classic Fords for a drive around North Wales. It is not an organised rally. All vehicles/drivers require their own independent insurance policy.

The Cost:

Camping –

£7.50 per adult per night. This is an all-inclusive charge for use of the facilities for campers, i.e. hot water, showers, electricity and Wi-Fi facilities.

Camping Barn –

Those wishing to upgrade, have the opportunity to stay in a converted barn with camp-beds provided. This is limited to 10 persons and will be on a “first come first served” basis.
    The cost of the barn is £10 per adult per night. This is an all inclusive fee for the use of the facilities; Toasters, electric kettle, microwave, plates & cups/glasses, cutlery & crockery, refrigerator, sink with hot water, chairs & tables, oven with 4 ring hob, electric heater in cold weather, DVD player, complimentary tea & coffee.

Those of you staying in the barn have the option to cook brekkie with the facilities provided or have a continental breakfast in the Farmhouse for £4 each.
    For more information on the campsite, feel free to view http://www.caegwynfarm.co.uk/index.htm

***If anybody would like to stay an additional night, either the Friday, Sunday, or both, then please let me know. Im sure this can be accomodated.***

The Important Bit:

*All bookings to be made with me*

Anyone wishing to join this year’s tour needs to PM me via this site ASAP to secure their place. At present it is limited to 25 cars, but depending on interest shown, we may be able to extend this number. Don’t worry if I don’t get back to you straight away.

With the last tour, we did have a problem with a select view who said they would come; a place was booked for them by me, only to cancel at the last minute. With that in mind and an agreement made with the campsite, a deposit of £20 or full payment (which ever is lowest) is to be paid as soon as possible to secure your place.

For example;

1 car, 2 people camping = Total cost £15.00, amount payable £15.00
    1 car 2 people camp-barn = Total cost £20.00, amount payable £20.00
    1 car 2 people camp-barn with continental = Total cost £28.00, amount payable £20.00. The remaining balance can be paid at a later date.

Any questions or queries, don’t hesitate to ask. Just post on this thread.

Dave

Regards - Dave

www.northwalesclassicfords.co.uk

superb event in 2007, these are real driving roads and suit the old fords really well, i'll check my work diary on monday to see if we can make it, most prob's come up friday night if thats ok, will get back to you later this week, nice one dave

Comment

Lots of interest already. Get your place booked asap.

Dave Raver
      Regards - Dave

Comment

As taffr says, it's a superb event. I will definately go and probably the wife too.

Tim.

Comment

just done a snowdonia route myself this weekend, betws-y-coed to llanberis then to caernefon and back to betws-y-coed down the A5 great roads, some of them reminded me of the lakes tour

Nutty Professor

Comment

will be there in the yellow barsteward,me the wife and the dog.sounds good.
            we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

We are very sorry but we cannot accommodate children under 14 years of age
              can u check that out??

Nutty Professor

Comment

Dave, would you allow me to tag along in the quattro or is it a Ford only job? Shaunster
                AFC Wrexham - The pride of non league football!
                1985 Audi Coupe quattro cq

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun1706 View Post
                  Dave, would you allow me to tag along in the quattro or is it a Ford only job? Shaunster

only if we all get a go around snowdon, flat out

Comment

had a great time in 2007 a must if you can make it get infront of taff he'll eat all the chips in the chippy if he gets there first
                    sigpic

www.oscars.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by taffr View Post
                      only if we all get a go around snowdon, flat out
                      PMSL Need to get it on the road first, god loves a barn find! Now, will the tent fit in the boot?????

Comment

Shaun,

It's really a Classic Ford thing. But why dont you come down in the Quattro. You could tag along or jump in with one of us.

Failing that you could come and meet up with us on the Horseshoe Pass on the Sunday.

Let me know what you think?
                        Regards - Dave

Comment

Places are going fast....................
                          Regards - Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Raver1300Sport View Post
                            Shaun,

It's really a Classic Ford thing. But why dont you come down in the Quattro. You could tag along or jump in with one of us.

Failing that you could come and meet up with us on the Horseshoe Pass on the Sunday.

Let me know what you think?
                            Yes, of course, Ford crew first Sunday sounds like a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun1706 View Post
                              Yes, of course, Ford crew first Sunday sounds like a good idea

Tidy! Will speak to you nearer the time and let you know when we're going to be at the Horseshoe Pass.

Dave Raver
                              Regards - Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X