Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglian engine services of chartteris

Anybody heard of or know them on hear

If you mean St Neots/Chatteris he's a top bloke (Ian Claridge). Builds loads of race engines, Cosworths, historic stuff, hot rods - the lot.

I've had a couple done there, a Peugeot 306 S16 and an Imp. Both are very good jobs and he has been pretty reasonable as well.

I've spoken to him about a crossflow and he has had a couple of 1700 crossflow motors on the dyno at 167bhp. In fact they were within 2 bhp of each other.

The main unit is in St Neots (Vulcan Way). He is always happy to chat. He used to be a member of Huntingdon Motor Club and is now a member of Peterborough Motor Club. Sprints an Elan with a good twink in it and also has a very nice Lotus Cortina (Mk1).
    Richard
    sigpic

Comment

no the one from The old bus depot,bridge street,chatteris cambridgeshire

Comment

Same one mate.
        Richard
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rallyman72 View Post
          Same one mate.
          Sorry - forget that, I can't read my own writing!
          Richard
          sigpic

Comment

If you can hang on for about a week I should be able to make some enquiries locally for you.
            Richard
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rallyman72 View Post
              If you can hang on for about a week I should be able to make some enquiries locally for you.
              To laite they,ve allready ripped me off just wondering if anyone else had been caught by them.

Comment

Can we just be clear here, are you saying Ian Claridge at Anglian Engine Services in St Neots has bumped you ?

Or are you saying someone else, calling themselves Anglian Engine Services about 15 miles up the road from St Neots has bumped you ?

It would be unfair for Ian to get a bad name if its nothing to do with him and this is a question of geography.

Like Rallyman72 I've known Ian Claridge for a good few years now and I've always found he plays with a very straight bat.

Comment

Let's get this right

Anglian Engine Services are in St Neots. Ian Claridge runs the business and is a top notch grade 1 guy.

ANGLIA Engine Services are in Chatteris. I know nothing about them except that they are just down the road from me. The title of the thread misleads.

I'll see Ian in the next week and I'll make some enquiries to see if he knows the guy involved.
                  Richard
                  sigpic

Comment

Anglian engine services,The old bus depot ,Bridge street ,Chatteris and the fellas name is Kerry Nurse

Comment

If you go on google enter cambs times and then kerry nurse you will see him and what he,s been up to

Comment

Right - this has been going on for about 18 months. Anglia Engine Sevices of Chatteris (I think the name was deliberately chosen to confuse) are a bunch of scammers. The guy and about 5 or 6 of his mates have been arrested recently for fraud. Cambs Trading Standards are also involved.

Apparently folk have ordered stuff from him or sent him cars for work from all over the country and the cars have just disappeared or the parts not sent.

Ian Claridge has been having all sorts of problems with, amongst other things, irate folk turning up at his unit (several from Wales and the far South West) as well as innumerable phone calls and letters. Ian is, of course, just as much an innocent victim as the rest of the people who have been ripped off.

If you have not already done so I suggest you contact Cambridge Trading Standards and Cambridge Police. At least you will then be in the queue if any compensation can be extracted from the guilty parties.

By the way I couldn't find anything by searching Cambs Times.
                        Richard
                        sigpic

Comment

It would appear Cambs Times have pulled the article.

Found this on FCCUK (Fiat Coupe Owners forum)

"Police and trading standards now involved with this case. Please avoid at all costs the following so called companies. Wb Autos, Royal Tyres, Anglia Engines, The Old Bus Depot. All of these companies are based in Chatteris. These companies are related to a Mr Kerry Nurse who is based in Chatteris,and was arrested for motor fraud on the 21st May 2009.

I am victim number 50 who has fell foul of this company. They have stolen my pride and joy coupe. Please don't let this happen to any body else.
                          E mail me with any info

Bazult@hotmail.com

Whoever is monitoring this site, please please inform as many people as you can.

Many thanks

Andy Bazult"
                          Richard
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for info can,t see my money coming back just going to leave it to trading standards .Can,t understand how he can still trade when it looks like he is going down.

Comment

Working...
                            X