Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any kitchen fitters ?? Granite worktop quiery!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any kitchen fitters ?? Granite worktop quiery!!

Just had a new kitchen fitted at home, with black granite worktops.

Within a month of fitting I notice two `cup` shape marks on the worktop.

Had the guy back who smeared some cream on it to draw the stain out.

This has`nt worked

I thought this stuff was impervious, the old kitchen had exactly the same stuff on and got quite a bit of stick - parties, cooking etc and is perfect.

Can anybody advise me on my situation, the granite is right in the middle of three pieces and is about 5 foot long. Kitchen fitter (crapping himself a bit I think) is saying there was a possibility that as we were decorating and had a plumber in that something from them might have got onto it.

I would have thought that the granite man (who supplied my kitchen fitter) might have advised what to put on and what not to put on the worktop, he is the local reputable supplier in Halifax for this stuff.

Obviously I`ve paid for the granite as it was fine when fitted, but I still owe the kitchen fitter £2k (he is a mate too).

If anyone could help in my sticky situation, I`d appreciate it.

cheers

Tony

you have pm Tony
    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Originally posted by Andyc View Post
      you have pm Tony

.......and would said PM mention Mr Sheen by chance.........

cheeRS
      sigpic

Comment

hope he could help matey

Comment

Cheers Andy, am onto it

Comment

stains can be removed using poultice (stuff that helps draw the stain out)

your fitter should know about this though -

we use all sorts on out granite stones - from white spirit to Acetone (nasty stuff)

black granite looks nice, but is awful for water marks etc

good luck G

Comment

always used acetone on mine, never leaves a mark after
              sigpic

Comment

Hi , I know that acid type liquids will take the colour out of granite like lemon juice , It is a natural stone which has been polished and sealed but is still porus , I can have a word with our granite guy to see if his got a an answer that might stop your guy sweating .

Comment

As Richie B above - there are some liquids that can impregnate granite such a lemon juice. We recently looked into the whole range kitchen worktops including granite and quartz. We ended up with Corian which cost as much as a new small family car

Comment

Thanks everyone, I did actually sell a car to pay for the kitchen and just the fact that the granite alone cost £3.5k has me a bit pi55ed of at the moment as it`s only been in a month or so.

What irritates me most is that it`s probably not something me or the missus has put on there

Comment

Originally posted by tony-mac View Post
                      Thanks everyone, I did actually sell a car to pay for the kitchen and just the fact that the granite alone cost £3.5k has me a bit pi55ed of at the moment as it`s only been in a month or so.

What irritates me most is that it`s probably not something me or the missus has put on there
                      need to find out what it is Tony then as i said bill the plumber

Comment

Originally posted by Andyc View Post
                        need to find out what it is Tony then as i said bill the plumber

how did you know the plumbers name was Bill, andy

cheeRS
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X