The bloke who knew my car when new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bloke who knew my car when new

Was talking to a bloke at sandbach services on the way to the lakes (was part of the convoy) who knew my car when it was new, he told me it had a holby engine fitted when nearly new
    He said he comes on here
    Just trying to find him again for a bit more info

Martin

CheeRS
    Martin

paul andrews on here, aka the pig, top gezza

Comment

turn your back Martin and he'll stick an X kit on it and a 'spinner' under the bonnet -

its great when you hear little things like this about your car - gets you thinking doesnt it !!!
      Last edited by grum; 21-05-2009, 22:51.

Comment

I've mentioned this before on here, but three years ago I sent a letter to the first owner thinking he had probably moved on. To my surprise he rang me back saying he was amazed that I had got hold of him, and the letter was the best mail he had that day. I think he thought the car had long gone. He helped me piece together a few things about my car, little things like wheels stamped with a later date than the car build date. This was because they were replaced due to surface corrosion under warranty. I also was amazed to find out why there was traces of oil under the dash! This was due to some warranty work that had been done on it and the mechanic rerouted the oil pipe over the wiper mechanism which started to saw through the pipe and then leaked all over the guys shoes. The car had to go back to the garage where a new oil pipe and carpet had to be fitted plus Ford coughed up for a new pair of shoes!
        Last edited by RS2000EXPRESS; 21-05-2009, 23:32. Reason: additional wording

Comment

Cheers all

CheeRS
          Martin

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000EXPRESS View Post
            I've mentioned this before on here, but three years ago I sent a letter to the first owner thinking he had probably moved on. To my surprise he rang me back saying he was amazed that I had got hold of him, and the letter was the best mail he had that day. I think he thought the car had long gone. He helped me piece together a few things about my car, little things like wheels stamped with a later date than the car build date. This was because they were replaced due to surface corrosion under warranty. I also was amazed to find out why there was traces of oil under the dash! This was due to some warranty work that had been done on it and the mechanic rerouted the oil pipe over the wiper mechanism which started to saw through the pipe and then leaked all over the guys shoes. The car had to go back to the garage where a new oil pipe and carpet had to be fitted plus Ford coughed up for a new pair of shoes!
            thats brilliant!
            sigpic

Comment

as i said the other day it happened to me with Nub the other night its brill when you find out a bit more info on our car
              Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Superb tales , keep em coming........

Comment

Originally posted by emily View Post
                  Superb tales , keep em coming........
                  most of you know...but incase not,

still in touch with the first owner of my car. Paul Newton was the lead guitarist for the band Uriah Heep, he already owned a RS1800 and traded OUH 619R for XYD.

When picking the car up from white brothers Paul noticed that the car didnt have a centre console, the workshop foreman walter miller, then proceeded to take the console from OUH and fit it to his new purchase.
                  MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post

still in touch with the first owner of my car. Paul Newton was the lead guitarist for the band Uriah Heep
                    maybe he should get together with frosty to form some sort of band to relive their youth alvin on vocals???

Nutty Professor

Comment

Great stuff , loving the new shoes supplied by Ford (original platforms) lol
                      sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
                      Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
                      12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
                        maybe he should get together with frosty to form some sort of band to relive their youth alvin on vocals???
                        Now there's an idea.
                        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
                          Now there's an idea.

could call the band "thin on top"

cheeRS
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post
                            could call the band "thin on top"

cheeRS
                            Shut it fatty
                            Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post

still in touch with the first owner of my car. Paul Newton was the lead guitarist for the band Uriah Heep, he already owned a RS1800 and traded OUH 619R for XYD.

When picking the car up from white brothers Paul noticed that the car didnt have a centre console, the workshop foreman walter miller, then proceeded to take the console from OUH and fit it to his new purchase.
                              Paul Newton was the bass guitarist not lead i saw them in mor 1984
                              Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Working...
                              X