lotus twincam capri ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lotus twincam capri ??

did they make one as was at the MOT station yesterday and the owner said you are into old cars one of the old guys in the village has one of these and he wants to sell it says its a genuine ford built car and very rare

so was they made ????

Originally posted by steven f View Post
    did they make one as was at the MOT station yesterday and the owner said you are into old cars one of the old guys in the village has one of these and he wants to sell it says its a genuine ford built car and very rare

so was they made ????
    Hello stefen, I think they made a capri with a BDA in it and then cancelled the project.

Comment

who knows, worth a look though if theres a twink init
      sigpic

Comment

never heard of such a beast , but then stranger things happen

Comment

With paul, Know of BDA Capri's (Cancelled) But no twin cam........Get pics.
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

There was something on this in the current edition of CF. Think they did make at least one.
            sigpic

Comment

bugging me but i thought the motor was tested in a capri once, but as im old i cant remember where ive seen/heard it
              ive just read it was also in a Ford Corsair, this was never put into production as we know
              MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Apparently they built 6 BDAs to launch the Mk1
                LUMO did the twin cam conversion so semi ford really not a factory job ?

Lumo add.jpg

capri lumo 2.jpg
                Attached Files

Comment

About 1992 my friend ran a small scape yard for someone near Salisbury, he called me in one day and showed me a 'G' reg Capri with a lotus engine in it!
                  It looked factory fitted and came from the estate of someone who had died, it was well past its best, he took the engine and box out for a rallycar.
                  Don't know any more about it.
                  Steve

Comment

someone i work with had a mk1 capri with a lotus engine in it in the eighties, must have been a home swap although he said it looked good, he bought it for £150 and sold it weeks later for £600 to someone who wanted the engine ????

Comment

Working...
                    X