Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cumbrian earthquake

hope the heaves is ok
    Last edited by Dave1800BDA; 28-04-2009, 14:17.
    MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Please note that the parameters listed for each earthquake below were the PRELIMINARY calculations available at the time of issue.
    SEISMIC ALERT: ULVERSTON, CUMBRIA 28 APRIL 2009 10:22 UTC (11:22 BST) 3.7 ML
    Cumbria was struck by a magnitude 3.7 earthquake today at 10:22 UTC (11:22 BST). Detailed analysis by the British Geological Survey shows that the epicentre was 5km southeast of Ulverston in south Cumbria.
    The earthquake has been felt widely across Cumbria and Lancashire.
    “An earthquake of this size occurs somewhere in the UK roughly every year. It is unlikely to have caused significant damage.” said Brian Baptie from the British Geological Survey.
    This is the largest earthquake in the region since a magnitude 4.4 earthquake struck Lancaster in 1835, which caused some minor damage. More recently, a magnitude 3 earthquake occurred near Grange-Over-Sands in 1993.
    The following preliminary information is available for this earthquake:
    DATE : 28 April 2009
    ORIGIN TIME : 10:22 09.6s UTC
    LAT/LON : 54.167° North / 3.017 ° West
    GRID REF : 333.61 kmE / 475.07 kmN
    DEPTH : 8.8 km
    MAGNITUDE : 3.7 ML
    LOCALITY : Ulverston, Cumbria
    INTENSITY : 5 EMS
    COMMENTS : Felt across Cumbria and Lancashire
    😯

Comment

rumour has it that Paul ruddy dropped his wallet.................

Tremor strikes north-west England

An earth tremor has struck the north west of England. The British Geological Survey confirmed there had been an earthquake of 3.7 magnitude at 1120 BST on Tuesday.
      It centred on Ulverston in Cumbria and was felt around Barrow, Kendal, Windermere, Fleetwood and the North Lancaster area.
      There are no initial reports of damage. But Frank McCall, of Grange Over Sands, said: "I felt the house shake. At first I thought a lorry had hit."
      'Massive shudder'
      He added: "I went outside and noticed neighbours were also on their doorsteps looking a bit bewildered.
      "There hasn't been any damage that I can see but it was quite frightening."
      Michael Harris, a retired police officer from Slyne in North Lancaster, said he was sitting at home with his son and wife when they felt a "massive shudder".

We've had people talking about plant pots being shaken and things dropping off shelves

John Davies
      South Lakeland District Council

He said: "Once it stopped I went outside as I wondered if there had been a crash or a gas explosion but when I couldn't see anything I knew it must be a tremor or something like that.
      "I've never experienced anything that unnerving."
      Police and the fire service said there had been no initial reports of damage or injuries.

cheeRS
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post

We've had people talking about plant pots being shaken

cheeRS
        pmsl

hally been driving about in cumbria then
        MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post

cheeRS
          PMSL , if I dropped it this morning it would still be slowly drifting towards the ground .............
          sigpic

Comment

i was in ullswater at the weekend!
            Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
              hope the heaves is ok
              Just got back on line after mending cracks and filling in the drive

Did feel it though just like a big clap of thunder the windows shook
              and a picture fell of one of the cottages walls
              See you all next week

Comment

gonna take a bit more to put us lot off

Comment

Working...
                X