Ebay info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay info

As some of you might know my friend listed my RS on ebay for me and up until last night the bidding seemed to be going ok but when i looked today someone has bidded with no feedback score or comments at all (is this something i should be careful of? plus with any other cars i have ever sold someone has always looked at them first but even though i have had lots of calls and people bidding no one has been to view it yet (is this normal for classic's?)i know i would want to see a car before i bid on it.
    BHP Sells Cars Torque Wins Races

I know we all gotta start somewhere, meaning we all had 0 feedback to start. But be carefull because the only trouble i have ever had has been with 0 feedback buyers. Try to contact him through the contact member part, can't remember if you can but its worth a go

Comment

To be perfectly frank, if I were looking at a used car and it was "a friend" who was advertising it, I'd probably be more wary than as a seller looking at a 0 rated eBayer!

Comment

Originally posted by dasadrew
        To be perfectly frank, if I were looking at a used car and it was "a friend" who was advertising it, I'd probably be more wary than as a seller looking at a 0 rated eBayer!

For what reason?Its my car and i am dealing with everyone who phones or is interested i just got my mate to put the add in for me as he always uses ebay and has a paypal account so all i done was sent him the pics, let him do the rest and just payed him in cash for what it cost (good idea i thought) plus the car is there for everyone to see if they want to come and look:bom: all they have to do is turn up.

Comment

ebay

I would be very careful with 0 rated bidders on cars as most messers are 0 rated.if you look at other car adds they insist on a landline number and address before accepting bids from 0 rated buyers or less than 5+.
          If i was you i would ask for above and give them 24 hrs to respond if they dont cancel their bid.
          After all you pay ebay if they dont pay up / show up ,then have to claim fees back which takes a while.

Neil
          CheeRS Neil

Comment

what you have got to think about is that alot of peps are looking for rs2000 and the best place to find one is on ebay. so alot of them go on there to buy one hence they are new.
            i sell alot of stuff on there and i have had loads of 0 feedback biders and never had a problem

i would email him to ask him to ring you to confirm his details and if he don't then send him a second email saying if you don't contact me within the next 12 hours then i will remove your bid.

that what i would do.

also add to the itam that all 0 members must contact you befor biding.

cheeRS
            sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on it, I will get hold of my mate in the morning and see if he can change the wording on the add for me.

Comment

better safe than sorry, cos it will cost you at the end of the sale, fee's and possibly the loss of a genuine sale.

Comment

But if the first one ducks out, you've got a whole list of runners up you can contact and you know what they were prepared to pay!

I still think eBay is the dog's danglies. Doesn't anyone remember all the people who rang up in response to an advert in Exchange and Mart, then you waited in the whole blood Saturday and no-one ever turned up?

Comment

But if the first one ducks out, you've got a whole list of runners up you can contact and you know what they were prepared to pay!

I still think eBay is the dog's danglies. Doesn't anyone remember all the people who rang up in response to an advert in Exchange and Mart, then you waited in the whole blood Saturday and no-one ever turned up?

BTW: in response to an earlier question, the "selling it for a friend" is a typical shady dealer way of avoiding the dreaded VAT!

BTW2: the eBay advert looks pretty good and is full of good info :thumbleft:

BTW3: the ad keeps on saying "I am doing this" "I have done this" etc. , but then says it's his friend? All a bit confusing but I'm only being pedantic!

BTW4: publishing marital differences on the worldwide web? Women love it! I know - I'm divorced!

Comment

Hi Tara,

I thought Dutch was going to come and see yr car on Thursday as he wanted to look at mine too.

I am in the same bout as you 28 bids and noo ne been to view the car yet, and it ends tomorrow night ! strange.

My highest bidder is also a 0 rater, but I have never been messed about yet so I am gonna give then the benefit of the doubt.. for now..

Good luck mate your car looks sweet.

Lisa says yr getting another integra instead ???

M@rk
                      [/quote]ford-rs.co.uk

Mark
                      Ex X-pack owner

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                        Hi Tara,

I thought Dutch was going to come and see yr car on Thursday as he wanted to look at mine too.

I am in the same bout as you 28 bids and noo ne been to view the car yet, and it ends tomorrow night ! strange.

My highest bidder is also a 0 rater, but I have never been messed about yet so I am gonna give then the benefit of the doubt.. for now..

Good luck mate your car looks sweet.

Lisa says yr getting another integra instead ???

M@rk

He was coming to look at it thursday but i have not heard anything since.
                        And yes Mark i am going back to another honda and its either going to be another Integra or an Accord Type R.

Comment

Tara and Troll, not come from the horses mouth but i believe Dutch has changed his mind about buying one as sounds like things could be dicey where he works, but that's something i heard from a mate of his.

cheeRS, Jason.
                          Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Originally posted by RSMeister
                            Tara and Troll, not come from the horses mouth but i believe Dutch has changed his mind about buying one as sounds like things could be dicey where he works, but that's something i heard from a mate of his.

cheeRS, Jason.

Thanks and that would explain it as he sounded like a nice genuine kind of lad.

Comment

Now someone has pulled there bid because he said he could not get hold of owner :knob: should have tried ringing the number at the bottom of the add

Comment

Working...
                              X