Angry and Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry and Confused

As some of you know I retired from work on ill health about 2 years ago, since then I have been collecting my works pension plus whats called a 'top up' from my employers that took me up to a liveable sort of wage. Yesterday got a pay slip through the post and my top up had decreased by £230, quite a big chunk of the total, rang into the factory, no one in the office. Got on the phone today after a very sleepless night to be told that they are right and due to %'s of pay increase compared to %'s of pension increase blah blah blah my money would be down this amount from now on. I have sat all day and cannot get my head around any of it, they haven't rang me back with any more detail which they promised, it isn't the sort of place you can walk into of the street and demand to see someone, you'd have to get past the armed police first, its one of those situations where your on the outside , can't make any idea of it all and no one to turn to. Suffice to say this has very serious repurcusions on my family income/outgoings.

Spoke to a good friend off this BB this morning, he confirmed that if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all, looks like its time to sell a few toys at big loses and tighten up the purse strings...........again.

Its never easy ,

Luck Paul
    sigpic

That's shite Paul. Keep the chin up though.

They should have contacted you I'm sure before just reducing your payments.
    sigpic

Comment

is this another spitting the dummy out post?

sorry couldnt resist

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot View Post
        That's shite Paul. Keep the chin up though.

They should have contacted you I'm sure before just reducing your payments.
        Dermot, your right, the girl I spoke to said letters were sent out to beat the payslips and explain things, still no sign of the letter ...

Still hoping they have made a mistake somewhere, told the wife I was worth more deed, she said to make sure I label all the car keys before I do out daft ...........
        sigpic

Comment

they are never done beating you when you are down are they

hope you get sorted mate

Comment

hi yea.

you need to get the details of the top up booklet that is available from employers and a legal right for all to have access to. In this it will define the terms of the avc and what can be done.

start there and then you'll have good grounds to fight back. This sounds like a mistake. Even with no rpi or nae increase was there such a decrease to justify the reduction. You'll also need to know when and how often is this revalued. Was this pointed out to you when you retired and opted for the annunity from the top up that you have today. Did the main portion of the final salary pension drop as drastic, as this should be linked together.

Thankfully in this day you have a lot of protection and the fsa and ombudsman do work well.

keep the chin up and just start the ball of with the above.

cheeRS

Derek

Comment

Gutted for you Paul

Can give you 50p for the TR7
              Cheers

Comment

Sorry to here this Paul, don't sell anything yet, follow the advise from rsderek as it sounds very good, keep your chin up and hope gets sorted

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

talk about kicking a man when hes down these companys nower days dont give to hoots keep ya chin up matey
                  Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

What about CAB - Citizen's Advice Bureau Paul?

Comment

Sorry to hear this paul. Hope you get it sorted son.
                      Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Most pension products are linked to the stock market and that has taken a massive dive in recent times.

Nutty Professor

Comment

really sorry to hear this paul, hope its a mistake and things work out ok for you and the family

Comment

not good to hear son, better luck soon paul
                            MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              What about CAB - Citizen's Advice Bureau Paul?
                              was going to say the same good even if just for info

Comment

Working...
                              X