Car production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car production

On Sky news that new car production is DOWN January 2009 on January 2008 by a massive 58.7%,Honda closed 4 months ,Bentley production stopped to avoid stock building up .WHY dont they make the cars cheaper, rather than put the prices up? .Are they trying to stop producing cars in the UK and move production to countrys where its cheaper to build them such as Slovenia ?

theres old airfields laden with new cars, my old man bought a New mazda 6 sport the other day and the dealer told him that this was the first Mazda they had sold in 4 months, but they had sold 30+ Fords in the same time

moneys tighter, the price now with the crappy £ is making parts buy in very expensive, theres even the Mini plant laying off 850 people the other morning, as they are not even selling and we know how popular they are

I went to buy a new Camera a Canon 450D at the price before xmas was around £400, but today the price is nearly £500 for the same item £530 for new stock buy in, electrical goods are up about 20% aswell

Comment

Now is the best time to buy a new car, as production falls in any consumer product the price will be pushed up due to the drop in volume sales. This happened in the 30s depression.
      sigpic

Comment

the manufactorers need to discount their cars to a more sensible price (been over charging for years) or even down to cost price to shift all the stock piles and get the factories open again

Comment

Originally posted by mrwatt View Post
          Now is the best time to buy a new car, as production falls in any consumer product the price will be pushed up due to the drop in volume sales. This happened in the 30s depression.
          been looking to change my car (mercedes) for another new one in the range, however so far its been a case of thats the price..............££££££

havent found a good deal yet, therefore will hold on untill some deals are about, may even not bother with getting another Mercedes,

cheeRS
          sigpic

Comment

new cars

I also run a Merc ,C class 220d ,but its only done 30 k .Would love a new one but aint going to let anyone pin my shirt up with any silly prices .I consider I am doing them a favour by buying,they are not doing me any favours !

Comment

you would of thought they would do everything including discounts to get your money out of your pocket
              Lord Lucan

Rather push a Ford than Drive a Vauxhall

RSOC Member: 25467

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

Working...
              X