What happened to the pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the pics?

Went to post an info thread on fitting seat belts yesterday and found all the pics belonging to it had gone.

Checked other threads and today had a pm from someone looking at my old resto stuff and they´re all gone too.

We used to have a site uploader - did all those pics now get deleted?

The three other car sites I use have their own pic server - maybe this is a use for the "donations" ?

Using Photobucket etc is also volatile, since if you change any account or folder, the pics are lost forever too.

Perhaps if server space is an issue, pics safeguarding could be restricted to certain categories like Technical Queries or Restorations. For sale or wanted pics could probably vanish after a year and no-one would be bothered.

Before the days of photobucket etc Topaz offered a picture hosting service on Redslate

Sadly it is no longer available

This site now offers an in-built attach picture facility when you making a post
    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

i have a archive of all the pics if you have lost them, just tell me what you need, the company I hosted the pics on went bust

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
        i have a archive of all the pics if you have lost them, just tell me what you need, the company I hosted the pics on went bust
        is that the way to start a new one LOL

Comment

i dont think woolies are going to start up again

Nutty Professor

Comment

Regarding the lost pics - no, I haven´t lost any. However, how would you go about "repairing" threads which are 5 years old with the correct pics?

Do the files have the thread and post links at least?

Regarding the in-built pic poster, am I doing something wrong? When I´ve tried to use it I just get a little postage stamp pic which you then have to click on to open another frame to get something you can see not exactly the dogs danglies in terms of comfort and practicality. How can you get decent pics (like 800 x 600) actually integrated in the text of a post?

Drew

Comment

Working...
            X