Computer problems 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer problems 2

during the last couple of weeks when i use this site, quite often the 'Screen' will freeze (particularly if i use the 'refresh' or 'back arrow'), however during the last couple of days i am also getting this message appearing.............

now not for one minute am i saying the site is causing this problem, as when i select one of the 3 options on the above it instantly tries to sell me the protection system and there is no way to remove it off screen other than logging off

i have (and always have hed) McAfee installed, however this is starting to annoy me now,

any suggestions ?

cheeRS
    sigpic

i got that a couple of times last week too, but since i downloaded my new mcafee stuff with bt (free) its not happened, i used to have norton antivirus, sorry i can't help but your not the only one

Comment

me too,it only does it on this web-site
      sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

in effect, the anti virus it advises is a 'virus' in it self as it keeps blocking my internet access, and if i click on one of the three options / suggestions then all manner of doom and gloom appears about Viruses, surely there must be some way of stopping it other than signing up ?

cheeRS
        sigpic

Comment

have you the 2009 mcafee?? its free on bt, not seen the warning since i downloaded it,

give your anti spy a whirl
          Last edited by taffr; 04-01-2009, 20:25.

Comment

no prob with firefox http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

Comment

have you tried using the lap top and does it still do it on that
              Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

problem looks obvious to me

Comment

you have been infected with malware, the link it is suggesting (the antivirus 2009) is a pay product

the so called 'anti virus' company infects your computer then sells you something to get rid of it good business.

see link...

Antivirus 2009 is a scareware application that displays fake pop-ups claiming malware infections. Antivirus 2009 is a rogue anti-spyware application that is presented as a

sometimes virus/spyware removal should be left to the professionals as it can be tricky.

I have an advert in the paper next week to help removing such problems for people

Nutty Professor

Comment

The screen pic you have posted is a "false" warning generated by a virus on your machine

Here is a link explaining that you have a "spy virus" on your system and how to get rid of it

I cannot verify the software offered but you will need it or something similar

Personally I use

Spyware Begone finds and removes unwanted Spyware & Adware infections, including Keyloggers, etc. Prevent Identity Theft, credit card theft, data corruption, Hacker attacks & even popup ads due to Spyware Infections.
                    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

I got the same lets me on here but nowhere else spent all day trying to sort it out now wheres that hammer

Comment

Doesn't Miss Ka know what it is GJ???

Anyway, it may not be a virus or alike.
                        The latest software (IE) scans the page you want to go to before opening it. If it comes across something not okay (like the word P0RN) it may generate this message.
                        Oh and get Firefox, it's 1000x better then IE.

Comment

Originally posted by Miniliteman View Post

Anyway, it may not be a virus or alike.
                          It is a virus

BUT

Because IE sees it as "not a Threat or a Malicious Site" it allows it to appear on GJ's screen (blaming the website you are trying to get on)

What it then proceeds to do is "hope" you are gullible enough to believe what it is telling you and then you follow the links to a BUY THIS SOFTWARE page !

Not all viruses are malicious but are simply preying on peoples fear of viruses and then take your money helping you to get rid of them even though they gave you the virus in the first place.
                          cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by RStu View Post
                            as stu and miniliteman recommend, had this on mine after a virus, no problems since
                            we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

Note to all Non-Expert PC users !

Firefox is a browser and not a way of removing viruses from an already infected PC but Firefox seems to be a lot more resistent to virus's etc

If you do not know what a browser is then I suggest you carry on using what you have already got - lol

btw. Internet Explorer is a browser.
                              cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Working...
                              X