The Silly Car Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Silly Car Prices

Heres a couple of cars from this weeks NI autotrader, some of them are fine but check out the 2 door and the Capri 2.0s EEK and the 1.6 sport but its in Euros!!!

Crazy..but I'm sure most of this stuff doesn't sell....can't imagine there are too many people willing to pay £10k for a Capri (which I'm not dissing), even if it has only done 4000 miles...

Amusing to observe though!!

Comment

You irish have far to much money , it even shows on the building sites i work on all the paddy groundworkers come to work in suits :compress:
      sigpic

Comment

they do ... i had a white mk1 1600gt i sold it for £2600 on ebay and then that bloke sold it for £4000.00 they do sell....
        sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Well..does anybody remember that period when Ferraris etc were sky rocketing (mid to late 80's)...then it all came down to earth with a bump..

I reckon we're seeing something like that, but a bit further down the desirability scale!!

I think the classic car type mags highlight cars to get into...it then has a knock on effect on demand and prices, as you'd expect. Just can't see how it can be sustainable..reckon it's "smart" people making a bit of money, while the sun shines...just as people have always done.

What does anyone think??

Comment

dont know about that !

as there are fewer and fewer GOOD RS's anything slightly dodgy gets chopped and fettled in a new manner, like a cossie install and 4-5-6 linked back ends, this does not make them bad but does lessen the amount of unmolested ones ?

I think Fords have had a following since the Model T and they will always have. but lately they seem to be getting out of hand for meer mortals

Comment

Im on the lookout for a cheap capri at the moment (mk3) any model , but there just seem to be no such thing as a cheap capri, i mean 3 years ago you couldnt give one away
              sigpic

Comment

I'm sure some of the cars DO fetch the prices asked...afterall, it only takes one person to decide that he's willing to pay that price, and that becomes the car's "value"...just like the £62 filler cap!! (Although as we know, this one seemed to return to market!...maybe the buyer realised he'd gone too far??)

And I think the internet/ebay etc has made the country/world a smaller place, in terms of finding what you're looking for..but also being up against "the other person" who wants what you want.

Don't get me wrong...I'm glad my RS2 is supposedly "worth" somewhere between £5 and £10k...but somewhere, rationality must step in??

To be continued?? (like that thread on the RSOC BB about EsCos prices!!)..

Comment

Working...
                X