X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed regarding mk2 harrrier

Sorry guys, I have a few questions....... cos im a:knob:

Ive found a harrier... the question is

He has the harrier which is rotton and has got another 1600sport shell fully painted ect... question is, wot happens about the chassic numbr on the inner wing? I know the vin plate should be correct as its riverted on the old car.
    Am i right in saying the car is a cut and shut or would people class it as a resto??? And if its all good how do you go about having the chassic number put on the new shell???

These cars are so rare and are hard to find, I dont know wot to do as these kind of car are always coming up for sale rather than origanal ones...

Sorry for the questions but i dont want to get stung plus i want a genuine one

Cheers matt

it's illegal, as is flogging a log book and plates

Comment

Get over to Basildon and grab it, the shells been done to a high standard and its cheap enough the fella knows his onions.

Comment

U know him????

Comment

Likes a 3 door, 2 minutes i'll pm yer. Got Piggy the scum surporter on hold

Comment

Cut the old number from the rotten shell and weld it into the new good shell . Then you have restored around the old chassis number and built a good shell !!!!!!!!
            sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
            Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
            12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Of course you could do all the above and no doubt have a nice motor when your finished, but everytime you look at it you will know that's not genuine and you personally will not get as much satisfaction from it.

That's why the majority of people on here enjoy and endure their cars so much, because they haven't just picked them up within a couple of weeks of looking.
              Some look and wait for months even years for the right motor.
              If it were just as easy as bunging new vins on a shell, all mk2's would be RS or Harriers.
              It may well be a perfect motor for you to have until a genuine one pops up but until then you will always know yourself it's a ringed motor and totally illegal to sell on without informing any prospective owner of that fact.
              We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by pushrod View Post
                Some look and wait for months even years for the right motor.
                If it were just as easy as bunging new vins on a shell, all mk2's would be RS or Harriers.
                It may well be a perfect motor for you to have until a genuine one pops up but until then you will always know yourself it's a ringed motor and totally illegal to sell on without informing any prospective owner of that fact.
                One thing is letting any buyer know that it's been reshelled (legal when using a service shell, not so for an existing chassis i.e. VIN), the other thing being that the letter of the law says it's illegal end of story

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
                  One thing is letting any buyer know that it's been reshelled (legal when using a service shell, not so for an existing chassis i.e. VIN), the other thing being that the letter of the law says it's illegal end of story

Not illegal one bit you can reshell any car with any shell as long as you own both shells ....

ie if you own a rotton mk2 mexico and buy a nice mk2 1.1 pop you can put your id and parts onto the pop shell that makes a reshelled mexico

the car is only illegal if you steal a mk2 then use the shell

Comment

Yes it's true , the DVLA don't care if you re-shell a crashed/rotten car as long as the next shell is owned by you and not stolen . Lots of new cars get reshelled everyday in bodyshops around the world and they get the same I.D. as the old shell had , old cars are the same .
                    12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

S**T ME... IVE started something here..... Sorry poeple all It was I had contact through a site as im after one! Thats it! Dont get me wrong I wont a gen one not a reshell (LETS MAKE THAT CLEAR)

Im just asking the questions to see what poeple think as most fords always rot unless they have been looked after like babys from new, Im new to these cars, I know there arent many left but its going to be hard to find a gen one as all there is to tell the difference between a 1600sport and a harrier is the vin plate (i think from what ive been told)

So sorry...

I did think it was not the right thing to do!!

Comment

Originally posted by harrierjumpjet74 View Post
                        as all there is to tell the difference between a 1600sport and a harrier is the vin plate (i think from what ive been told)
                        Plus some gay stripes + chocolate brown fishnet recaros that would have fell too bits by now !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by carinabarn View Post
                          Not illegal one bit you can reshell any car with any shell as long as you own both shells ....

ie if you own a rotton mk2 mexico and buy a nice mk2 1.1 pop you can put your id and parts onto the pop shell that makes a reshelled mexico

the car is only illegal if you steal a mk2 then use the shell
                          Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post
                          Yes it's true , the DVLA don't care if you re-shell a crashed/rotten car as long as the next shell is owned by you and not stolen . Lots of new cars get reshelled everyday in bodyshops around the world and they get the same I.D. as the old shell had , old cars are the same .

No that's just wrong. I also was wrong to think that all you had to do was inform the new owner. Now you have to inform the Government too.
                          Read the following and make your own mind up.

A. Vehicles that have been rebuilt using a mix of new/used parts.
                          In order to retain the original registration mark:

· Cars and Car-Derived Vans must use:

The original unmodified chassis or unaltered bodyshell (i.e. body and
                          chassis as one unit - monocoque); or
                          A new chassis or monocoque bodyshell of the same specification as the
                          original supported by evidence from the dealer/manufacturer (e.g. receipt)
                          And two other major components from the original vehicle - see list below
                          · Suspension (front & back)
                          · Axles (both)
                          · Transmission
                          · Steering Assembly
                          · Engine

If a second-hand chassis/monocoque bodyshell is used, the vehicle must pass
                          a ESVA/SVA test after which a "Q" prefix registration number will be
                          allocated.

N.B Vehicle Identification Check

From 7th April 2003, all cars and some tricycles (e.g. Robin Reliant) that
                          are written off by an insurance company or declared scrapped by their owners
                          due to accident damage will have to be notified to DVLA.

VIC has been introduced to deter criminals from disguising stolen cars with
                          the identity of written off or scrapped ones. The check is designed to help
                          confirm that the vehicle being returned to the road has been repaired
                          following accident damage and has not been stolen.

For further information contact the Vehicle Operator Services Agency Website
                          on www.vosa.gov.uk.

Comment

Originally posted by harrierjumpjet74 View Post
                            S**T ME... IVE started something here..... Sorry poeple all It was I had contact through a site as im after one! Thats it! Dont get me wrong I wont a gen one not a reshell (LETS MAKE THAT CLEAR)

Im just asking the questions to see what poeple think as most fords always rot unless they have been looked after like babys from new, Im new to these cars, I know there arent many left but its going to be hard to find a gen one as all there is to tell the difference between a 1600sport and a harrier is the vin plate (i think from what ive been told)

So sorry...

I did think it was not the right thing to do!!
                            No-one's having a go at you. You were right to ask the question. Hopefully it will inform more people, including me, to what is now definately breaking the law by ringing a motor.

Comment

well perhaps i should inform dvla of all the concourse cars i know of that have been reshelled from 1100 and 1300 and at least one rs1800 that was a harrier shell , so they can all have nice new Q registrations

Comment

Working...
                              X