Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad this week is over

Boy am I glad this working week is over,
    Started off on Monday Night we had a new agency driver in and he managed in one night
    1. had a RTA
    2. got stopped by the Police as he was just about to go though the Blackwall tunnel in an over height vehicle
    3. got completely lost and run 3 hours late
    Lets just say he won't be working for Royal Mail again

Tuesday Night
    One of my lorries had the cab ripped apart by another lorry as he turned to sharply the rear of the trailer opened up our cab like a tin opener. No one was hurt thank god.

Wednesday Night
    The RS wouldn't start

Thursday Night
    Got the RS started but then on the way home from work my exhaust got pulled off by speed humps

Friday Night
    had to ban another agency driver for unacceptable behaviour towards other staff.

Think I will get a few beers for tonight

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Umm, bad week Kieran

Do you assess your agency drivers before they start or just take em in from the agency ?
    cheeRS
    Ian
    sigpic

"Live everyday as if it was your last, because one of these days, it will be."
    Jeremy Schwartz.

"Better to burn out than fade away"

Comment

im a driver for nft , ive noticed the standard of drivers has dropped over the last few years , since companys have started to use none english drivers

Comment

bad luck kieran, wednesday was the worst night then
        MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Yes we normally assess all agency drivers first but at this time of the year we have so many extra services that a few sneek though.

We have a lot of non UK drivers and to be truthful most are good hard working lads and put to shame some of the UK drivers.

Only another 3 weeks of this madness

Think Thursday night was the worst day as I now have to refit the whole exhaust, going to make up a couple of exhaust mounts as the Peter Lloyd system only mounts to the car in one place and this is the main reason for it to keep dropping then catching on speed humps
          Last edited by hotrs2000; 06-12-2008, 16:32.

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Originally posted by hotrs2000 View Post
            Yes we normally assess all agency drivers first but at this time of the year we have so many extra services that a few sneek though.

We have a lot of non UK drivers and to be truthful most are good hard working lads and put to shame some of the UK drivers.

Only another 3 weeks of this madness
            Funny how similar our business's are. Same, we assess normally but at this time of the year its "bums in seats" to a degree. Still choosey though.

Agree, 3 weeks of madness coming up
            cheeRS
            Ian
            sigpic

"Live everyday as if it was your last, because one of these days, it will be."
            Jeremy Schwartz.

"Better to burn out than fade away"

Comment

well kieran at least you can't say it's boring at work

now put your feet up and have a few beers mate

Comment

Originally posted by marky4 View Post
                well kieran at least you can't say it's boring at work

now put your feet up and have a few beers mate
                and just think of all thoses parcels building up in the warehouse waiting for you on Monday morning! LOL.
                Last edited by pushrod; 06-12-2008, 18:31.
                We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by pushrod View Post
                  and just think of all thoses parcels building up in the warehouse waiting for you on Monday morning! LOL.
                  Monday morning I'll be refitting an exhaust ,sod the parcels

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Originally posted by hotrs2000 View Post

Think Thursday night was the worst day as I now have to refit the whole exhaust, going to make up a couple of exhaust mounts as the Peter Lloyd system only mounts to the car in one place and this is the main reason for it to keep dropping then catching on speed humps
                    added an extra bracket to the centre section of my PLR system for this very reason. only had 1 bracket on the back box from new. had no bother since then.
                    😯

Comment

i`m a postie.i hate xmas and i`ve got kids.they steer clear of me until about 6pm on xmas eve OR ELSE !!!

Comment

barr humbug to you all
                        Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Working...
                        X