No announcement yet.

Agreed Value! (Insurance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi if you give stuart fenty a phone he will get you a very good quote for agreed value you wont need rsoc valuation just a few photos he is up here in fraserburgh tel 01346 518081 all the best you guys kenny mclennan

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000EXPRESS View Post
      As I was concerned about my car being underinsured at £6000, I thought next time I would ask AON to up the value to nearer to what it was worth. So on renewing my insurance last year I was shocked to find out that in the event of a total loss claim on my car, I would only receive market value (£4750) and not the £6000 I had mentioned it was previously worth.

I am told the only answer is to get an agreed value by the RSOC Registrar, but I am not a member of the RSOC and have no intention of joining at present. Yet to get an agreed value, I have to join the RSOC, then chase up the Registrar wherever he is and hound him into valuing my car, when maybe he has got others to value or something else to do!

How many of us then are driving around with under valued cars due to the difficult procedure of getting their insurance companies to accept the true value of their cars? Surely the insurance companies can come up with something better than this, where there is an easier way to get an agreed valuation without the expense of joining the RSOC and chasing around the country to find the guy to do it!

Tim.
      Tim
      For the sake of £35.00 to join the RSOC you would have saved in the event of a write off £1250 that is surely good value.

As for finding the registrar, when one has been appointed in the very near
      future you can get the car valued at any event that he or she attends with photos to match.

Kev Chairman RSOC
      sigpic

Comment

Are the premiums still competitive then?
        it was cheaper than my aon renewal aon couldnt pricematch

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by backagain View Post
          Tim
          For the sake of £35.00 to join the RSOC you would have saved in the event of a write off £1250 that is surely good value.

As for finding the registrar, when one has been appointed in the very near
          future you can get the car valued at any event that he or she attends with photos to match.

Kev Chairman RSOC
          The insurance companies should be geared up to accept more realistic valuations. Maybe as some members have mentioned here by the use of detailed photographs, and not expect me to pay for RSOC membership then chase around the country to find their registrar to value it for me, then I would have probably had it insured for the more realistic value of £12000 that it is probably worth now!

Believe me there are others like me out there thinking the same thing driving about in their under valued cars!............when I join the RSOC, when I can arrange my valuation, and when I can get to a show to meet the Registrar!.......too much hassle and it just gets left!!!!!!!

Comment

I am told the only answer is to get an agreed value by the RSOC Registrar, but I am not a member of the RSOC and have no intention of joining at present. Yet to get an agreed value, I have to join the RSOC, then chase up the Registrar wherever he is and hound him into valuing my car, when maybe he has got others to value or something else to do!
            Because I've got to join the RSOC and get one of their guys to do it, wherever he is!
            and not expect me to pay for RSOC membership then chase around the country to find their registrar to value it for , and when I can get to a show to meet the Registrar!.......too much hassle and it just gets left!!!!!!!
            Comments like these make me so pleased I jacked in the registrars role, to my knowledge there has only been one person who has struggled to get a valuation from me, Hally, simply because he didn't sort his paperwork and no other reason, I have bent over backwards to sort some peoples valuations out. Attitudes and comments like this boil my ****, agreed value insurance is available from many places without needing the RSOC to hold your hand, I would fully expect however if your car had been stolen whilst under insured you would be crying at the RSOC registrar to give you an accurate valuation to help out your claim.

I keep trying to stay away from this BB because in my opinion and that of others it has gone off the boil, I will not be posting again on here, the people I want to speak to have my phone number.

Dave, I would appreciate it if you would delete my profile from this BB

c ya
            sigpic

Comment

capri club charge £25 for a valuation

so at £7.50 including a HPI its cheap as chips with the rsoc

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
                Comments like these make me so pleased I jacked in the registrars role, to my knowledge there has only been one person who has struggled to get a valuation from me, Hally, simply because he didn't sort his paperwork and no other reason, I have bent over backwards to sort some peoples valuations out. Attitudes and comments like this boil my ****, agreed value insurance is available from many places without needing the RSOC to hold your hand, I would fully expect however if your car had been stolen whilst under insured you would be crying at the RSOC registrar to give you an accurate valuation to help out your claim.

I keep trying to stay away from this BB because in my opinion and that of others it has gone off the boil, I will not be posting again on here, the people I want to speak to have my phone number.

Dave, I would appreciate it if you would delete my profile from this BB

c ya

Glad to hear teddy has been well and truly thrown out of the pram, and you have decided to come back! Over recent times, we have have had cases of some good guys leave here over nothing, our loss and maybe their loss, where's the patience and staying power?

Really it was all so unnecessary, in fact a misunderstanding I think you have taken personally. Not for one moment was this based on any negative experience with any RSOC registrar or ex-registrar, or was I out to be personal or offend anyone, not my style I'm afraid. The discussion was aimed at the insurance companies, wondering why they could not make valuation a lot easier, and I wanted to see what everyone else's view was, to see if I could learn anything useful. I did not know of a problem valuing Hallys Car!

We are supposed to be grown up on here, all interested in the same things and are expected to behave in an adult like way most of the time, but for some it's just too much and they fall out when something is said that they don't like, instead of skilfully discussing a subject and all of us learning something from it. For goodness sake this is a forum where we are supposed to be free to discuss our niggles, and come up with lively discussion and answers to help each other. If you want everyone to shut their traps then this forum will get boring!

Back to the point I have to make is, “Why should I have to join the RSOC to get an agreed value with certain insurance companies?” What happens if I don't want to be a member of the RSOC and I'm not bothered about going to shows? Is everyone on here a member of the RSOC? To me this forum is my club, I have got to know a lot of great mates on here and the information available is fantastic. There is always someone here that knows something about everything, or points you in the right direction. So at the end of the day, why do I have to join the RSOC just to get a agreed value!

As a result I have learnt something from this thread...........There are alternatives! I hope it has helped others too!

Tim.

Comment

hi boyo, i got a free agreed valuation on the mex from lancaster classic insurance , it lasts 3yrs and the premium was very cheap also, just had to send in pics of the car and the recipts, and i got a very good valuation as well, i.e what i asked for and they didnt even ask any further Q hope this helps

Comment

Tim, I apologies for my ramblings ...
                    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

that was short lived ruddy, good thing we all know you and know you would change your mind! welcome back lol
                        Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

No worries Paul, good to see you back mate!

Many thanks to you guys for your input, I now have some fresh ideas and a list of companies to help me sort out some decent insurance for next time.

Many Thanks again,

Tim.

Comment

Remember to keep your diary open for early 2009
                            Cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X