Playstation 3 vs Xbox vs Nintendo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playstation 3 vs Xbox vs Nintendo

Was looking to get one of the above for X-mass..Which is the best to buy...Want it for playing good fighting games and good graphics..
    anyone got one and what do you recommend.....
    sigpic
    Cheers
    Martin

Xbox 360 it has a load of games xbox live is great for online gaming, but this costs £40 per year, there are sites to get yearly subs for £24 though

PS3 limited games at the mo, graphics look good , but its a really good blue ray player and media streaming device, I wont even buy a game for it after playing the first couple, but they are free to play online

the Wii I had for 3 months then got rid, it was ok, graphics are kiddie cartoony the games are on the whole crap, and very basic looking

HTH's
    Last edited by Banishit; 19-11-2008, 14:10.

Comment

PS3 limited games at the mo, graphics look good , but its a really good blue ray player and media streaming device, I wont even buy a game for it after playing the first couple, but they are free to play online

Why will you not buy the games???Are they crap or is it you are playing on line.. Cannot get broadband at home...Ordinary internet is crap...I would just be looking to buy and play games is this the best.....Thanks
      sigpic
      Cheers
      Martin

Comment

Originally posted by OZZYMC View Post
        what do you recommend.....

Comment

ive got a ps3 and its really really good,
          not had one problem with it.. atal (unlike many frends with xbox's) and if you do get a problem 99% of the time 1-3 days you will have a BRAND new consoul.

as for games, theres tonnes of ps3 games, i personnaly dont buy many games but ive seen loads for sale, you dont get a few games.. but there all pritty similar. and any way cod 4 was waaay better than HALO3.

also online with the ps3 is fine, nto had any problems, no lag(99% of the time), no viruses, and its free WITH a wirless adapter too (dont have to go and buy one)

also memory.. you can upgrade it in 5 mins.. its easy as undo one screw. slide out old hard drive, put new one in. done..

also blueray films are BRILLIANT i got one free with my consoul and the qualityy is amasing with a had tv

ive also got a WII, great for a few people, but not so much on you own.

i will say go for the ps3

Comment

Originally posted by grum View Post

... .....It actually looks like a mouse mat....
            5hane thanks....
            sigpic
            Cheers
            Martin

Comment

The kids have a Wii and PS3 in the house.

Wii has probably not been used for 2 months by the kids, but is great fun for us adults if there are a few of you round having some drinks and playing the daft games

My teenage boy plays online with the PS3 and I only see him for meals when he finishes school as he is always online playing against his mates. Latest game is Call of Duty 5 which he says is awesome and the graphics overall are much better than the Wii

Only big downside is that as it's online it swallows up all my Broadband width so I struggle to load pages on here whe nhe is playing
              Cheers

Comment

Xbox

I've used both and prefer and bought the Xbox 360. Tour of Duty 4 is incredible.

CheeRS,

Joe
                sigpic

Comment

I would still have an xbox even without online connection

I still have a PS3 and still think the games are limited compared to the 360

Comment

Originally posted by grum View Post

5 Start
                    10 I've still got my original in the loft
                    20 I personally would put the money into a better PC
                    30 CoD 4 was excellent
                    40 Brothers In Arms Hells Highway was even better
                    50 CoD World at War is alright so far
                    60 James Bond Quantum Of Solace is good fun and a bit different
                    70 I don't get out much
                    80 Long live Nvida Gforce
                    90 End

We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

Working...
                    X