Yellow RS2000 S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow RS2000 S2

When I, bought my RS2000 and it had black paintwork. I have since stripped the paint and discovered it was originally yellow. I do not rate
    yellow paintwork. If a vinyl roofs fitted it may look okay as the yellow will be broken up.
    How important is paint colour to originality? as I am not willing to return it to its original colour as I dislike it?
    What over colours were available when it was registered in April 1979 as I prefer red and black paintwork on cars?.
    Thoughts please.

DONT DISS YELLOW CARS, BEST COLOUR IN THE SNOW
    sigpic
    http://www.sa-embroidery.co.uk/

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SA-Embroidery?_rdc=1

NORTH YORKSHIRE RSOC

Comment

If it was yellow when it left the factory, I would keep it original.

nowt wrong with yellow
      CheeRS Paul
      sigpic

Comment

you havent got a ringer have you m8

seriously i like yellow and would keep it that colour, but shes your car fella do what u want with her.
        remember andy g from scotland repainted his a metalic redish and it looked great

Comment

signal amber's the way forward. I'd keep it original if it were me.
          Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Originally posted by RSMeister View Post
            signal amber's the way forward. I'd keep it original if it were me.
            one of the best colours that.

Yellers a good colour too for a MkII, black cars are alway a right b**** to keep clean. What does the VIN plate/paint code say, I take it now you "know"

it was originally yellow?

Comment

Best colour for a MKII.
              Murdo DA

Comment

I Do love a Java Green Mk2 RS2000....
                sigpic

Comment

Yellow, and you could always put a vinyl roof on it......sort of compromise really!

Comment

barby pink jimmer!......................nice .......
                    sigpic

Comment

sorry to hijack the thread but as Jimmer asked does it devalue the car if you change the colour

Comment

Originally posted by wetandwindy2 View Post
                        sorry to hijack the thread but as Jimmer asked does it devalue the car if you change the colour
                        depends whos buying it dude,to most of the guys on here it would, but your average joe wouldnt have a clue!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vinny View Post
                          you havent got a ringer have you m8

seriously i like yellow and would keep it that colour, but shes your car fella do what u want with her.
                          remember andy g from scotland repainted his a metalic redish and it looked great
                          Hello Vinny,

I didn't know She was a yellow till I stripped off the paint for its resto. I will have to get around next year to more shows and take special notice of the yellow cars. I have owned a couple of black RS's and orange Mk1 1300GT and loads of red cars, my favourite colour. So yellow is an unusual colour to me-I may get use to it. If I have the car resprayed yellow its original factory colour it would suit me better as I prefer keeping cars original. I just did not know if yellow is a popular colour.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmer View Post
                            Hello Vinny,

I didn't know She was a yellow till I stripped off the paint for its resto. I will have to get around next year to more shows and take special notice of the yellow cars. I have owned a couple of black RS's and orange Mk1 1300GT and loads of red cars, my favourite colour. So yellow is an unusual colour to me-I may get use to it. If I have the car resprayed yellow its original factory colour it would suit me better as I prefer keeping cars original. I just did not know if yellow is a popular colour.
                            yellow with a black vinyl roof is one of my favourite combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmer View Post
                              Hello Vinny,

I had a Signal Yellow one and loved the car, showed off the black paintwork well and always looked fresh. Typical of the 70s era.

Comment

Working...
                              X