Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rally driver goes beyond the call of duty to get his car home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rally driver goes beyond the call of duty to get his car home...

No caption can do this pic justice...Rally drivers are a plucky bunch but there are times when you have to gracefully admit defeat. One such occasion may be when the car breaks and it stop moving. But whereas us mere mortals might call it a day when a throttle cable snaps, French rally drivers call it an opportunity for a spot of heroics.

Without a moment’s hesitation the pilot hops into the engine bay to manually control the throttle cable bracket while the co-driver climbs behind the wheel. After narrowly avoiding another competitor the duo then set off to complete the stage of the Ralley de Serrains in France. It’s mesmorizing stuff and proof that motorsport really isn’t boring…

Watch the whole story below.

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

I like the way the co-driver puts his belts on but his mate is under the bonnet

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Crazy !

Comment

Used to be quite a regular occurrence on UK events. I never understood why. I used to carry a shaped piece of wood that, in the event of cable failures etc. could be jammed in to hold the throttle partly open and allow safe driving out of the stage on the key.

Comment

yes, was a common site once,

anyone got the link for Arne Hertze sitting on the rear to counterbalance the Quattro's front problems

cheeRS
          sigpic

Comment

I bet his engine builder loves him, holding it on the limiter before changing and mega revs on down change LOL

Comment

Working...
            X