Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes

looking for opinions on brakes, they realy need to be able to sit under 13inch rsmk2 wheels (so i have a few options)

im on quite a buget (£20 a week isnt much )

here's a few sets.. what do we think ?

willwood dynalites approx £330 (248x20 mm vented disks) (defo fit under mk2 rs's)
    http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product...oducts_id=3918 (these have gone up recently due to the crappy exchange rate with the USD ..)

hi- spec 260mm Ultralite "Princess" approx £430 (260x22mm vented(think vented) + grooved disk's) (checking if they fit in a tic ) (also these are very blingy .. what i like )
    http://www.hispecbrake.co.uk/Convers...0260%20UL4.htm (Whats the diffrence between the Standard and Economykits? will i save on with the Standard set.. as i will need to buy the bits the come with)

i was looking at AP's and COMPBRAKE kits.. but there a fair bit out my price range ,

also they will be going on a mk2 2 door with xflow... if that makes any diffrence? (weight ect)

cheers

i have wilwood powerlites which are a good caliper, bin the standard willwood pads though and buy mintex, but thats another £80 and not so good if your on a budget.

granada calipers are a good option, im sure someone will fill you in on this and other options

Comment

You could get some Transit van 4 pot calipers , cheap as cheaps
      sigpic 2.1 ATMO YB POWER .
      Tick tock goes the clock and the clock don't lie .
      12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

EDIT hi-specs fit under 13 rs's

thats what i was thinking about willwood.. they dont come with pads, smaller disk (buy quite a margin) and dont come with brake fuid ( i dont think)

where as hi-spec's do.

ive heard lots of good things about willwoods, any one got hi's?

also i dont mind spending a bit on brakes really, as once there done thats it (i think/ hope! ) but aswell as the front calipers, ive got to get my serria rears refurbed, halfshafts turned down 2mm, all pipes, bias adjuster, master cylender and all the bits in between (brake lines ect..) ..

Comment

I've got 275mm discs , alloy bells and 6 pot calipers all under 13 inch wheels . I bought mine from Hi-Spec but they will be no good to the bloke on a budget i'm affraid .
          12.4sec to 109mph With NO turbo , NO gay trailer , NO slicks , NO gas , NO race fuel and NO bits missing . Beat that !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mk1gaz View Post
            I've got 275mm discs , alloy bells and 6 pot calipers all under 13 inch wheels . I bought mine from Hi-Spec but they will be no good to the bloke on a budget i'm affraid .

yh bells ect.. bit far out my price range..

but what do you think of the hi's? in general? how did they fit and stuff?

Comment

i use princess 4 pots with new pistons made for them, pads cost about £20.00 a set from rally design and then use their cross drilled disc's .i think 257mm.seems to work. try the capri club think they do a good cheap upgrade.
              sigpic

Comment

Hi-spec do the best brake kits for the money i reckon . Mine all fitted perfect but they did send me the wrong brake pads and i pulled my hair out allday wondering why the caliper didn't fit !!!!!!! .

Comment

haha

im not too keen on the old princess's, they cost to much IMO, (saw calipers go for £220 on ebay , needing recon.. thats the smae as some brand new powerlite calipers )

thanks tho

Comment

lol , £220 for princess dog poo

Comment

Working...
                    X