Speeded up my Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeded up my Internet

I was having problems with my internet dropping off etc. because I am approx 10 miles from our main exchange. So after speaking to a BT engineer who was doing some mods at work the other week he recommended fitting a NTE 2000 face plate which has the built in filter and the faceplate has the socket for the router and the phone seperate. I needed to purchase the back plate also because mine was the old type, after fitting it the internet has speeded up no end and there is no need for any filters in the extensions because they use the filter in the NTE 2000 socket.

A sparky from work did his and he was paying for 2mb but he was only getting 720kb, when he changed his over the internet went up to 2.2mb.

£14 well spent if you are not already using one of these

you've too much time on your hands.

get yourself a job.
    😯

Comment

Taking advantage of being my own boss

Comment

BT fitted something like that for me. He called it an adsl master. As you say no need for any filters, just straight into a hub. Also get a good router, some of the bt ones are naff. There's a page you can get your current speed from, if you goggle btspeedchecker I'm sure you'll find it.
        We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

Spot on the test site: http://www.broadband-speedchecker.co...FQtWtAoddnuW3Q

Tested it with the NTE2000 download speed was .74Mbps, should be getting 1gbps. Tried it with the old ASDL filter and the download speed dropped to .26Mbps

Almost three times the speed through the NTE2000

Comment

I'm in Gretna which is just able to get broadband My friend who works for BT put me a master ADSL socket in and I am using a Netgear Router

Getting 1.67 Mbps Download but only 135Kbps Upload
            Cheers

Comment

4.2 here but paying for 8
              Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Working...
              X