No announcement yet.

outdoor car covers, does anybody use 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outdoor car covers, does anybody use 1?

want to move my van outside for a while, does anybody use one of these covers and if so are they any use? which is the best one to buy?

argos do an external one, quite low price, however there is another thread on the go in the tech section on covers

cheeRS
    sigpic

Comment

carcoons!!!

you carnt beat a carcoon,they are MINT but they cost £400 ,ive just bought a new one last week!!! my old one got a bit worn,ive had it for 8 years,i got it secondhand then,which i got for £150 posted from a guy from london,which i got out of the LOOT,look on the internet for a good secondhand one,you never now

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post
        argos do an external one, quite low price, however there is another thread on the go in the tech section on covers

cheeRS
        i bought one of them years ago!!!,i toke the cover off the car it was ringing wet,it just sweeted the car.
        sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

I left a car under one of the argos outdoor covers one winter, when I removed the cover the paint had blistered all over the roof.

Make sure the one you get is fully breathable and remove it from the car frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by cervantes View Post
            I left a car under one of the argos outdoor covers one winter, when I removed the cover the paint had blistered all over the roof.
            my paint started to bloom,just caught in time
            sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

The ones from Hamilton classics are pretty good. My dad uses those and paint seems ok but as said, outdoor carcoons take some beating.

Comment

id love to buy on outdoor carcoon but cant afford one....i bought the cairoport but still cant put it up as my garage is letting water in ...it was never water tight to start with .....had the outdoor cover from argos before on the mex & it destroyed the paint work.... ....the van might be better off without any cover at all then

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post

cheeRS
                  the other thread last week was for a "just to keep the dust off" in a garage cover - for that the argos one does just the job

have used it outside twice also, but just to keep the dew off overnight - but what it would be like long term, i havent a clue ? probably fall apart after a month plus because of the problems described above

Comment

These seem like a good alternative to a standard cover, space around the car to let the air flow although for the cost you would be better off with the outdoor carcoon.

Comment

I've just bought one from PJ covers www.pj-covers.co.uk and it is excellent. It's a proper heavy waterproof cover that won't blow off, has a lovely soft inner lining, has taped seams and quick clip straps to pull it tight over the car. It is semi taylored, so not exactly the shape of your car, but once the straps are fixed it's difficult to spot the difference between a fully taylored cover & this one.

I was looking at other companies, similar top spec covers were charging over £200. Bought this one for around £60 at a show if I remember correctly.

Stay away from the cheap covers in nylon. They rub the corners off your paint in the wind and only last 5 mins before the water seeps through them making your car all damp.

Hope this helps/

Comment

I know quite a few people in the RSOC with Classic Additions outdoor covers and they are more than happy with them.Ive got one for when mine is outside at times and its spot on ,get 10% discount if your a RSOC member

Heavy Duty Outdoor one:
                        sigpic
                        Proper rallying is done down the lanes!

Comment

i have one of the outdoor classic addition covers and must admit, very good when i've had to use it.

Comment

Working...
                          X