MK2 RS2000 Dash Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK2 RS2000 Dash Question

Do all the MK2 RS2000 models have the clock and cut out in the passenger side of the dash?

I recently looked at one which did not have this with a mate, we were thinking it could be a re-shell.
    Why do we pay others to do a job we did ourselves?

Ever paid for conveyancing?

all early ones had it, then when they went to the 2 trim levels of base and custom, customs had the pod, base's didnt,

although a lot of base's have aquired plently of custom bits now, did it have a black back valance and full length door cards ?
    Cheers Glyn

Comment

I cant remember the back end details, but I do know it was a Custom 1979 so I guess it should have had the cut out in the dash panel. Might go for another look at the weekend.

Comment

A 1979 Custom should have full length door cards and the clock/pod.

Ask to see the V5. If it says Custom then it is probably a re-shell (or even a non RS shell)

Be careful
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Scorted View Post
          I cant remember the back end details, but I do know it was a Custom 1979 so I guess it should have had the cut out in the dash panel. Might go for another look at the weekend.
          if its a custom it should be a pressed out dash from factory, not a diy cut out jobby

Comment

Interesting, thanks. I will check and report back on this one.

Comment

Right, there is no hole at all in the passenger dash. Its log is 1979 RS2000 Custom. It has the corretc top plates with GCAT number and also Anti-Tramp brackets present. They look genuine, to be honest at the price wanted its worth the punt just on the shell really. Regardless of genuine or not. Will be going to collect Wednesday evening, some photos coming soon after that...

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...
              X