Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Heartfelt Thanx To ALL Who Gave Towards The Lakes Tour Convoy 2008 - Fancy Dress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Heartfelt Thanx To ALL Who Gave Towards The Lakes Tour Convoy 2008 - Fancy Dress

On behalf of myself, my wife (Sarah) and my daughter (Molly) after having received today in the post a HUGE cheque from HOTRS2000 (Kieran) for £652.00 made out to - Birmingham Childrens Hospital Charities

We would like to express our sincere gratitude to all who took part in the convoy to The Lakes Tour 2008 some even managed to look right numpties in fancy dress - lol

Looking at the enclosed sponsorship sheets it is obvious the committment that was made to gain the much needed sponsorship to achieve such a substantial figure.

Birmingham Childrens Hospital (BCH) is a place my family holds a major debt to as my daughter has been under their care since her birth in 1995.

She has a rare liver condition that almost took her away from us just after she was born called Galactosaemia (she is unable to digest any kind of animal milk breast milk or cow/dairy etc).

It is a condition that has no cure and Molly is on a strict Milk and milk products Free diet for the rest of her life.

A further complication is this condition made her develop cataracts at 3 weeks old and having had 2 cataracts removed at 6 weeks old she now has apprx 30 - 50% vision in 1 eye only.

Having read the above I do not want anyone to think she is a little sorry poorly child she is in fact full of life (turned 13 in July) and is doing well at a main stream High School and cant wait to be old enough to be on track with me in SKC.

I often take her out in the car and she loves the noise and keeps telling me to go faster - lol

Some of you on here may have met her and will know she is a daddys girl and a certain Geordie has even phoned her up when Ant and Dec were fronting Pop Idol and told her in his thick Geordie accent "Dont phone till after the show" she loved it and for ages thought is was one of them that had called.

Sadly she is into shopping so at weekends I have nothing to do except go to boring car shows, rallies or hide away down the unit playing with cars - lol

Soon I will arrange to take the cheque to BCH and hopefully a pic or 2 will be taken.

The proceeds will be shared between the Liver Unit and The Eye Dept at BCH.

Again thanx to all (you all know who you are) for your wonderful efforts and heres looking forward to The Lakes Tour 2009
    Last edited by RS2000CUSTOM; 20-09-2008, 02:00.
    cheeRS

DAVE

nice one dave.......

i missed out on this last year dave,is it going to happen again next year?if so,then it will give me a kick up the arse and get my rs finished and join in i love dressing up kids,they grow up fast these days let me know if it will be happening....or we could all wear pink nighties nice one

Comment

Nice one Dave
      [ heres looking towards The Lakes Tour 2009] do we have to all again next year

Comment

well done to kieran and every body else who helped raise the money going to a great cause

Comment

well done to all who took part, all for a great cause
          MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

well done all

This is what makes 'The works team' a great club !!!!!

Comment

Sponsorship...

It was a pleasure.....

Just let me know when that cheque will be cashed.....

Thanks,

Russ & Rikki
              [/quote]

Comment

well done kieran and all, i was gutted when i relised kieran was a fella!
                sigpic

Comment

well done folks

Comment

My daughter has been for a routine check up today so I have taken the cheques in to the Birmingham Childrens Hospital

They were extremely pleased and they will be sending me an e-mail to all concerned soon.

Again many thanx to all who contributed to this great cause

p.s. My daughter said "can she have New Look vouchers instead of cheques made out to BCH !"

p.p.s. Hopefully I will be taking the car upto the hospital soon along with a large promo cheque for some piccies but that can take place anytime.
                    Last edited by RS2000CUSTOM; 21-10-2008, 18:29.
                    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

God I look good

Are we looking at doing something like this again for the Lakes 2009 or could ask all those taking part in "The Lakes Tour09" to make a donation at the start line and then on Sunday have a donation bucket in the signing on tent.
                      My view is for the same charity as Dave you do so much work for us and it is a small way for the many to give something back

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Working...
                      X