Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford GP1 Air Filter

Gents,
    was offered a boxed genuine Group 1 air filter today , the one that fits the big airbox . How would you price one of these , I thought about £25 is that a cheeky offer or pretty close ?
    sigpic

If they're only fetching £25 I'm gonna have to rethink my pension yet again!

They've not been available for about 25 years I think, and I'm pretty sure they cost about that when new in 1985!

Comment

I know of some that have been sold for £50+

Comment

I would not pay £50 for an airfilter, when a diesel one fits for £8-10

Comment

Practicality agrees with you Brian, but I'm relying on the Bufties to pay my gas bills in old age!

Sure, a Ty-Wrap would keep a fuel line in place but then that doesn't explain the posts looking for original fuel line clips!

Let's ask the Oracle of Delphi ( = the eBay of Dotcom) shall we?

LOL!

Comment

By the way, here's what I originally paid for some of mine:

1985 £15,72
            1986 DM 51,17 (about £13 in those days=
            1986 £18,49

And in 1986 I also bought the last complete Gp1 Air Box from Ford thingy in Dunstable (Tricentrol, I think) which came complete with the Filter element at the list price of £50,39 which made the Air Box itself £31,90!!!

Comment

The price of any item is driven by 2 things -

1. How desperate is the buyer who wants the item !

2. How desperate the seller is to sell the item !

If No 1 is not very desperate, they wont pay a lot

If No 2 is not very desperate, they will ask a lot

And so on

The real fun begins when you have multiple desperate No 1's
              and a not very desperate No 2

cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Dasadrew , looks like I bought the last group 1 airbox , got mine from CG Ford Carlisle in 91 , as you say complete with airfilter element , was a bit pricey though at £173 . Sold it on at a profit though !!

Having seen the replies I think I may just purchase the element .
                sigpic

Comment

there was one on ebay about 3 months ago he was asking £100 for it and didant sell it...
                  sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

RUDDY

are you a

No 1

or

No 2

:angel12:
                    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Ruddy, I only meant the last one at Luton/Dunstable! At that time they were already off the list, so the only chance was to find a dealer with old stock - as you did too, apparently. Surprisingly, at about that time, all discontinued RS stuff was going really cheaply. I know this from Luton/Dunstable Trimoco, Blackpool Thomas Motors and Kuttendreier in Munich. I picked up Sttering wheels, Vinyl Roof, Steering rack, rear bumper, Air Filter elements etc. It seems like your dealer was already wising up!

Comment

Custom....definately a No 1 .............I think

Dasadrew .....I'm, sure the local dealers add 75% on as soon as I walk through the door , so I always incorporate 'the wife conversion factor' when she asks "how much this time ?"
                        sigpic

Comment

I always used to use the Delta Factor with my ex .... but she divorced me anyway LOL!

The Delta factor is "I know a Group 1 Air Filter costs £50 dear, but you can't compare it to £0 'cos no matter what car, we'd always need an Air Filter and thus we can only count the delta between the two. If we had a Focus, the Air Filter would cost £22, so it's ONLY £28 we're arguing about"

I got so good at this argumentation that I started believing it myself!

Comment

Working...
                          X