RS dealer Longs of Newcastle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS dealer Longs of Newcastle?

Just got info back from DVLA, was surprised to find my car was supplied by Longs of Newcastle (its nearly come home!) looks like they got it from Lakeland Motors of Kendal (Maybe Longs didnt have a Black one in stock or wernt RS dealers?)

Was surprised as the ACN reg, sure I looked on list that said AC was Peterborough area?

Originally posted by Leckypete View Post
    Just got info back from DVLA, was surprised to find my car was supplied by Longs of Newcastle (its nearly come home!) looks like they got it from Lakeland Motors of Kendal (Maybe Longs didnt have a Black one in stock or wernt RS dealers?)

Was surprised as the ACN reg, sure I looked on list that said AC was Peterborough area?
    its the last two letters CN that give the area location
    MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

I know its of not much interest to most people but I was working for Longs of Newcastle when it was called Strakers of Newcastle when the AVO Cars were released in 70-71 , Very exciting to receive brand new RS 1600 and Mexico,s all came with 5 1/2 J steel wheels with centre caps.
      We also had a Ford Motorsport exibition in the showroom including the Alan Mann twink and the Le Mans winning Gulf livery GT40. I was already into Rallying and building my own car as well as friends and new then I wanted to be part of a works team

Comment

Longs were a Rallye Sport agent.
        sigpic

Comment

Yes and so were Strakers Ford before Longs take over

Comment

Have they closed now as I cant find any link on the web for them.
            Or have they changed name/ownership?

Ruddy, your pm box is full again

Comment

pete think mine must be from longs as well i'm waiting for the info back but my reg id UCN

Comment

Cool Gary

Had thought the letter to DVLA had got lost as it took a couple of months to get the info, very pleased though.
                Cost me a bit in stamps sending letters to the 10 previous owners

Wonder how many will be at same address nearly 30 years since

Worth a try though

Comment

Originally posted by Leckypete View Post
                  Cool Gary

Had thought the letter to DVLA had got lost as it took a couple of months to get the info, very pleased though.
                  Cost me a bit in stamps sending letters to the 10 previous owners

Wonder how many will be at same address nearly 30 years since

Worth a try though
                  Amazing if you try. I wrote to the first owner of my 28 year old RS2000, last year and he rang me back saying it was the best post he had received for a long time, as he thought the car might have passed on. I thought the first owner would be an old guy or even dead. I was suprised he was younger than me at 49 years of age. He even wants to come and see it sometime. Strange, getting answers to mysteries, about my car which happened years ago, fills in the gaps in it's history.

Comment

Working...
                  X