Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cam Belt cover ? Some one MUST have a pic !!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Belt cover ? Some one MUST have a pic !!!!!!!!!

Can some one post a picture of their engine front showing the cam belt cover fixings please?

I have a load of bolts and need to know which go where? LOL dirty clean no matter

cheers
    Brian

i wanna know the same
    sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Hi Brian give me a call and i can tell you how and where the fixings go as i served my time as a RS ford technician many years ago Matt(07703 262723),i might have some pics somewhere.

Comment

did you get your PM matt? and link to the pictures

Brian

Comment

yes brian got the pm and pics i,ll give you a call sometime this afternoon.matt

Comment

i need a pic to so i can see exactly where the 2000hc sticker goes!!
            Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

come on 100 views and this ? no one knows or has a picture of the front of an engine with the cam bolts in place?

dont believe it :cyclops:

Comment

Is this any good ?

cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by RSMeister
                  i need a pic to so i can see exactly where the 2000hc sticker goes!!
                  Didn't think the MKII RS2 had the 2000HC sticker on it - only the MKIs I thought??? Wouldn't mind knowing this one myself, as I have a 1600HC sticker and have always been in two minds about whether to stick it on the Mex (regardelss of the 2.1 lump). I believe on the MKI RS2, they went on the left hand flange of the cam cover as you face the engine?

P.S. Sorry to intrude on your post Banishit - hope you find out theinfo you need mate!!
                  ***Take me down to

City...***

Comment

Sorry the pictures are a bit blurry, as I could not get my eye to the view finder I could not get the camera to focus properly on the bit that I wanted to take the picture of. This is as good as I can do without taking it off the car :

There are 3 small bolts (8mm A/F maybe) that hold the cam cover on, two at the top and one at the bottom. Here is the top one :

This is the left hand side bolt, it screws into a post that is bolted into the head. The post itself has flats on it to form a sort of a bolt so it can be screwed in. There should be a little rubber grommit that sits inside the cam cover bolt hole - this is there to stop the cover vibrating, as I remember the bolt that secured the cover onto the post does not tighten all the way home, just enough to squeeze the grommit securely.

Here is the right hand side bolt at the top, again a small rubber grommit is used but this time the post into which the securing bolt is screwed is part of the tensioner for the cam belt :

Here's the tricky bit - along the left hand edge of the cover you have a notch in which you should have a small plastic/rubber insert. The cover should be put on by lightly securing the top left hand side bolt and rotating the cover clockwise so that this plastic insert slots around the extended bolt that secures the bottom (I think) of the water pump - you know the bolt I'm talking about, it has an section of thread above which is a solid turned piece of metal larger in diameter then the thread itself, there is then another slot between the top of the metal 'sleeve' and the bolt head - it is in this slot that the plastic/rubber clip sits. I could not take a picture better than this as the fixing is hidden by the water pump and fan belt pulley :

Finally, the cover is secured at the bottom of the block by one more small bolt through a rubber grommit :

The finished item in place :

Hope this helps.

Arron.

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

thanks for the piccies both much appreciated

Brian

Comment

mk2 1600cc/2000cc pinto cam cover detailing/decals

Hi there,
                        Sorry for intruding brian,i may be able to shed some light on cam cover decals.All mk2 mexicos should be with the exception of a few have blue airbox,rocker cover and cam cover.The 1600hc sticker fitted just off centre on the top as standard fitment. The 2000cc early pre custom models should have blue airbox,rocker cover,cam cover with single stud airbox fixing,the 2000hc sticker should not be fitted,the later cars had some single stud fixings up to some time in 79,Then they changed to two stud fixings without the need for the carb circular bracket,these also never had the 2000hc sticker fitted.Another point to note on original cars, some cam covers had a small white R stamped on the left hand side of the cam cover,This was to denote right hand drive vehicles so employes could see at a glance cars built for right hand drive countries whence in production.Any vehicles without an R were left hand drive spec, Sorry to have taken so long.

cheeRS NEIL

PS Anyone require any more info dont hesitate to contact me 01925 299405

Comment

cheers for the info neil very informative, where did you get that from btw ?

Brian

Comment

cam box detailing

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you,as i help to run the cheshire rsoc regional group with my mate and its our meeting this evening just got back.First of all being a novice could you explain btw please [i must be so stupid]
                            With regard to your question how do i know all this,Ive been into RS MK2 for approx 18 years owning various models,rs2000 pre custom,2,base rs2000s,rs2000 customs,mexicos,so ive seen and owned mostly original models and studied the differences between them ive also competed in concourse events with the RSOC.Id like to think ive had a good grounding in RS.If youd like any more info on standard spec whilst rebuilding your RS dont hesitate to ask or ring me anytime.ps you could give me some much needed IT lessons mate.
                            cheeRS NEIL

Comment

BTW = By the way

thanks neil you have been most helpful any IT questions no bother always on hand

Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X