fuel cat...anyone use one???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel cat...anyone use one???

ive been thinking about buying an in line fuel cat to converter so i can put straight unleaded fuel in the mex without having to add an additive .
    it might work out cheaper than buying a fuel additive all the time, does anyone on here use one???????

heres a link to one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fuel-Cat-Octane-B ... .m20.l1116
    cheeRS

frosty, but dont know if his counts seeing as its not on the road to often

Comment

might be worth investigating that one

Comment

I asked at work (oil refinery) about those fuel cat type things. And everyone turned there noses up at them...as they could not see how they worked.

Opinion was to use 98RON with something like Castrol Valvemaster or the like. In the end its proven technology and if the car is not going to cost too much, and if the car is driven lots then its new U/L seats fitted.

At the refinery some of the Gasoline comes out with a RON of 116 before its blended to 95/98. Toluene can get you a RON of 106 when blended properly from normal 95 too..
        Steve

Comment

I've used one before, both inline and the bag in tank ones
          Total crap pinto needed a new head inside 10K (both times) but i did drive it hard and it was in a minibus transit with a big ole tail lift so it worked hard for a living, finaly fitted an unleaded head and that sorted it, got 20K out of that before the body rotted off, still running the same head now on another engine

Comment

hmm sounds like its not worth it then. thanks for the info!
            cheeRS

Comment

Working...
            X