Advice on buying passat tdi 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on buying passat tdi 110

Hi i am going to see a 1996 passat tdi 110 with 135 000 miles on it tonight and was wondering if there is anything in particular i should watch out for with the high milleage and all,thanks for any help guys.

I love a VW !!!

Check the bulkhead for water, the drains get blocked leading to all sort's of problems inc electrics and brake. Also the pollen filter housing can leak (like most VAG products of the time) just needs sealing up properly.

AFN is the 110 engine code WILL be on the build plate in the engine bay, any other engine code is less power. Also when you get the spare wheel out to check for a rear ender look at the code in the boot should read 81kW along with the paint code etc. Some will be fitted with AHH or AHU engines that will be passed of as 110's.

Also the turbo's can get carbon/oil on the blades and **** up the vairo blade thingy they have on them.

Most seem to go on forever too !!! GSF and ECP sell most parts really cheap and VW will be able to sell you a whole car as parts. Okay VW will not be cheap but it's great going to a main dealer and not being told that the part you want is deleted because the car is over 2yrs old or what ever Fords cut off date is (Ford could learn a lot there). I still can buy parts for my 84' Golf GTI from GSF/ECP and VW with out too many problems.

Hope this helps a bit !!!
    Steve

Comment

Going to see it tomorrow now so more advice if you can guys.

Comment

Check the passenger foot well for dampness due to the above pollen filter and make sure the remote alarm locks the doors without going off !
        The pollen filter lets water into the door modual and it's £75 just to get if fault code read

Comment

as said check carpets front & rear for dampness also check that the central locking,lights on warning buzzer,the little led in the door works if not good barganing tool most of the tome its the wiring harness on the n/s footwell lift the car pet & re doo all of he dry joints that have corroded,also look in the black plastic box for the conveinience init check & dry out,a bit more difficult they have 4 ball joints on each side 2 upper 2 lower listen for knocking over bumps,they are quite hard to detect many garages miss them,make sure aircon works iff fitted compressors sieze,raer axle bushes wear,outer cv boots split,other than that the 3b passat is pretty good,how do i know all these faults i work for a vw main dealer good luck as allways buyer beware,p.s dont wory about milage ive seen 3b passats with 250thousand on the clock,
          sigpic

Comment

bloody hell my spelling is terrible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by paul mann View Post
              bloody hell my spelling is terrible
              tow wright it isss sun

Comment

Ok went to see it tonight and all i could see was that the drivers door lock doesnt work and more worryingly when you pass 1600rpm it beeps three times and the oil warning light flashes,this hapens every time you pass 1600rpm.The owner says he thought it was the sender and replaced it but that didnt cure it so he asked at a vw dealer and they said it was probably the dash that was broken as they had had a lot of golfs with this problem could anyone advise on this.

Comment

dont buy the piece of shite..........stick with henry ford......

Comment

a load of crap walk away thare are loads of them knocking about,sound like ats not been looked after & the oils like tar or someone has used engine oil flush & all the crap has now gone into the sump,look else where
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X