Dodgy Mexico ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgy Mexico ????

So I`ve been seeing this bubble arched MK1 Mex around Halifax for the past few months but never cought up with the owner.

So he pulls up next to me at the traffic lights outside B&Q yesterday (I`m in the Sprinter), so I wound the passenger side window down and called across (down) to him that I had one like his and does he want to come see it (sounds real dodgy ), anyway he follows, and his face lights up when I whip it out - the Mex that is.

So he asks me to have a look round his, which to be realistic had seen better days, was majorly welded, no carpet, oval headlights, no strut tops or bolts in the boot, RS Turbo seats and a 2.1 pinto and was on an `A` reg (could be private).

Oh, the other thing that was missing when he bought it off fleabay was the VIN plate, chassis numbers AND LOGBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked him about the V5 and he says that the DVLA issued him with the logbook with not much hassle just from the information he had on an old tax disc, which is all the car came with. What is going on that it could be so easy to get a V5 ??

When I sent my logbook off after I bought the Mex from a guy in N.I. I had to have an inspector come look at the car to make sure all was well, and I have to go to Leeds (tomorrow) where he personally will write me a tax disc (just in time for the Lakes ) as I still have`nt got it back yet.

Very dodgy pulling someone you dont know off the street and taking them to youe gaff to show them your car....not recomended with the amount of cars going missing at the moment
    sigpic

Comment

off subject but what car you takin to the lakes

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        off subject but what car you takin to the lakes
        Mex Tim, am meeting Chris early saturday morning, having a scenic drive up
        Should have a mini convoy from our neck of the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by tony-mac View Post
          Mex Tim, am meeting Chris early saturday morning, having a scenic drive up
          Should have a mini convoy from our neck of the woods.
          good good,all being well i will see u there

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            good good,all being well i will see u there
            Hope you get yours sorted Tim.

Mines running well at the moment hopefully it
            will be next weekend too

Comment

Originally posted by tony-mac View Post
              Hope you get yours sorted Tim.

Mines running well at the moment hopefully it
              will be next weekend too
              ill be there what ever car or no car with beer

Comment

all sounds abit sus to me,be careful taking strangers home,(remember what charlie used to say!)
                sigpic

Comment

iv not took a stranger home for years.......

Comment

Blagger

The Bloke Must Be Blagging. It Aint That Easy To Get A V5 I Brought A Car Once With Out The V5 And They Wrote To The Last Owner And All Sorts As For Stopping Strange Men On The Street You Can Banged Up For That (may Be Thats What You You Were Hoping For A Ha Ha Only Joking):d :d
                    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Working...
                    X