Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bda

Hi
    I think I might have made the decision today to get my 1700 BDA built and put in my mex mk1.hopefully will be 170 BHP when finished.only downside is my mex is a late 72 with battery in the front.Have been told I need to get another earlier pedal box with remote servo and move the battery to the back.
    Not sure how the box or diff will cope?Do you think I am doing the right thing ?? Just can't face leaving the engine in pieces in the loft anymore !Or am I causing myself a lot of greif and damaging my mex by doing this ??Would appreciate peoples views on this and the amount of effort it is ??

thks Kurt

Post some pics up of the MEX first and lets have a look,
    sigpic
    Missing the snow!!!!

Comment

a bda will always look nice m8
      sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

I havn't got any.I only have one the old owner gave me.She is a nice solid sebring red with completely std trim bar Minilites.the previous oner spent 6K five years ago.She is not concourse but a very tidy solid car.At the moment she is at the garage being fettled for the summer and Lemans.On return she will be stripped, resprayed and possibly bda'd

Comment

Then go for it! If you need any help with it i have some good contacts as ive just had one built myself and fitted it.
          sigpic
          Missing the snow!!!!

Comment

Good decision,better than the piper head!
            AVO Club Spares Officer

Comment

Good definitely made up my mind now.Was the fitting easy ?
              cheers for the other night kerry !!I know mine won't be the same as yours but you helped me make up my mind on the BDA instead of the Piper. Just hope the shell mods ain't that hard

Comment

Put the engine and gearbox in from underneath its the easiest way just bolt the crossmember to the engine first it goes in a dream without scratching anything
                sigpic
                Missing the snow!!!!

Comment

You can always give me a ring, and i can help!
                  AVO Club Spares Officer

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X