Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From me!

Comment

Right for people that have missed the previous posts I will explain everything.
      Dave has allowed me to organise a 'Works Team' stand at the Classic Trackday at Castle Combe circuit in Wiltshire on Saturday 14th June
      (yes I know I have a Chevette HS I also still own the 1973 Mexico I bought in 1979)

As a club entry we are allowed 12 free entry tickets and 6 half price track passes (£15 instead of £30)
      These are for 5 laps in timed sessions.
      The half price passes must be used between 9.00am and 11.00am and after 4.00pm
      You can buy as many full price passes for the rest of the sessions as you wish.
      You must arrive sign on and attend a briefing collect a wrist band to drive on track,and new for this year bring your driving licence!
      Passengers are allowed,I think you must pay £5 and sign a form and be over 17 years (again new this year)
      All ocupants must have arms and legs covered and wear a crash helmet
      (You can wear what you want before you go on track,except Richy NO STRIPEY TOPS!!!)
      As Grum has said its laid back no boyracers just classics driven as fast or slow as you like!
      I am also doing the 'AVO' CLUB stand which is joined to the Works stand
      I do not normaly get many AVO members along as its the day before National Day at Stanford Hall and they are all home polishing their pride and joy's although Scott will be there in his Factory Bigwing as usual.
      I would think I will have some tickets left over from the AVO stand if I get a lot of requets from here.
      One last thing MONEY in advance please as in the past having forked out myself I have been left with track passes that people ordered saying they will pay on the day then not turning up i am about £120 out of pocket for the 5 years I have been doing this.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
        judging by the pics darran i think youve done a great job, dont put yourself down

Thanks Dave, you are too kind.

I will not be going round the track and it looks like I will be the only one on the AVO stand

Comment

Scott will be there his is a Modena Bigwing
          Steve

Comment

Never mind so-called track days, get out there and enter a proper motorsports event. A new to callendar Bristol Motor Club Castle Combe Sprint on 29 March this year (and usual summer one 28 June).

Oh, sorry, you're going to somewhere called Castle Coomb aren't you (and no referring to it as "Castle" or you might end up at a hill climb at Lostwithiel as the filling in a Cornish pasty...)

Comment

sorry not too good at spelling i'll get me coat
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steve p View Post
                Scott will be there his is a Modena Bigwing
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by ModenaRS2 View Post
                  I will not be going round the track and it looks like I will be the only one on the AVO stand
                  some1 has to set up stanford hall

hope you guys will be up on the sunday at stanford hall

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    some1 has to set up stanford hall

hope you guys will be up on the sunday at stanford hall

I will be there on the Sunday, already committed to the 14th before I knew help was needed at Stamford Hall

Plus Castle Combe is only three miles from my house

Comment

I will be Stanford on the DSG stand!

Comment

Working...
                      X