Project RAC 2007 (Revised to 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project RAC 2007 (Revised to 2008)

Just loaded motor to take to Rolling Road at Boggs.
    If it doesn't throw a rod will post picks tomorrow.
    The engine is the only thing not been touched.
    Skids
    sigpic

Nice one,awaiting pics
    sigpic
    Proper rallying is done down the lanes!

Comment

Full report and piccies please yoof.
      Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

yes, pics please

cheeRS
        sigpic

Comment

Well a good mornings work at Daves.
          Distributor found not to be advancing mechanically so fitted Vaccum pipe as a temporarp measure until a HPE unit is aquired.
          Running too rich on mains so reduced jets,hydrocarbons very good well below what I had expected as the engine is the only item on the car that has not been apart and don't know much about the spec or history.

Waiting to load at Skids central

On the Trailer

Dave working his stuff

And what you are all wanting to know ( taken at 6000 RPM )
          Way more than I had ever expected so well chuffed with the result

Just got to save up for a long time to buy some other bits before I can get into the forrests.
          sigpic

Comment

Think the RPM was more than I stated,my mate was watching the revs on the second run ) earlier 160 BHP at 6000 rpm
            The 180 figure was when he blipped it to 7100 rpm to get the pub figure LOL.
            I am well pleased with an easy 160BHP at wheels as I only expected 135 to 140.
            Last edited by RS2000CUSTOM; 11-02-2008, 12:20.
            sigpic

Comment

Careful about cut away rear panel on a Mk2 if doing Historics. "Used in period" applies to Cat 2 (Mk1) but not (Cat3) Mk2.
              Homologated spec applies and cutting away the rear panel where it gets bent/torn is technically not allowed. There may well be plenty of cars out there with the cutaway (and I have done the the real RAC with it like that) but I had a major row in Belgium once with infamous FIA scrutineer Marcel Servais over it.

Comment

160 @ wheels is at least 200 flywheel bhp - and virtually a guarantee a Pinto will not be fully driveable/suitable for rallying (especially in the winter!). What spec?

Comment

Thanks for that KL.
                  Do you know what the current position is with regards roof vents,as you can see the car has one fitted ,I had heard somewhere that they where banned or to be banned by the MSA for some reason.
                  The car has that many drafts coming in past the doors etc. its like sitting in a wind tunnel so don't need it for venting .
                  Cheers
                  Skids
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KL View Post
                    160 @ wheels is at least 200 flywheel bhp - and virtually a guarantee a Pinto will not be fully driveable/suitable for rallying (especially in the winter!). What spec?
                    KL please enlighten me on what you mean not suitable for Rallying and what do you mean regards the spec ? are you refering to the engine ?
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X