Changing Indicator Bulb - 03 Fiesta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Indicator Bulb - 03 Fiesta

By the looks of it you have to remove the whole headlamp assembly.

What a stupid idea

Nutty Professor

bloody hell

done some googling and on some focus/fiestas you have to jack the car up, remove the inner arch liner, use mirrors, remove battery trays

all for a bulb

Nutty Professor

Comment

Hi FYI, some help for you Focus owners, from Bracknell, UK. I changed upgraded my 2002 Focus Ghia TDCI headlight bulbs a couple of times myself . You have to take off the lower engine cover . You have to jack the car up for this and remove the nine Torx30 self tap screws. Then remove / drop the thick plastic engine cover. Up in the front corner of each wing is the LOWER self tap 10mm bolt this is the THIRD BOLT on each headlight assy. you cannot reach from the top / engine compartment. On the grill remove the two threaded 10mm bolts here lhs. & rhs of the grill, then just waggle the grill carefully, removing plastic clips remove partially. Then the headlight assy. will just pop out! As I am going to this trouble of bulb replacement ( I have only fitted headlights bulbs twice ) I change the oil and filter at the same time
      hahahahaha

Nutty Professor

Comment

The old rover 800s where the same bumper off headlight out just to change a bulb

Comment

Neil,Have a word with hally,hes bound to know!!!!!!!
          sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

c'mon hally, whats the script

Nutty Professor

Comment

just asked in the workshop and its in through the engine bay,no ramp needed

Comment

yep headlight out! remove the two torques at top of headlight then remove 1 torque on the side od headlight next to grill! pull out headlight towards you and to the direction of the grill at same time as there is a locating pin on headlight which locates to the inside of wing!
                Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

had to take my Merc in yesterday for a new headlight bulb, not an easy job, bloody fiesta sounds worse

cheeRS
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post
                    had to take my Merc in yesterday for a new headlight bulb, not an easy job, bloody fiesta sounds worse

cheeRS
                    I translate those bloody MB manuals, and I always do wonder when it says "have xenon bulbs replaced at a Mercedes Benz Service Centre" if it really is necessary; btw you had to remove the grille and headlamps from the Coogar (huuuuh spit, clean my mouth out) to replace the bulbs.

Most modern cars are like that these days, there's so many black boxes in the engine bay there's no room left for the headlamps.

It's about as intelligent as the "one piece" Mondeo headlamp/s

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
                      bloody hell

done some googling and on some focus/fiestas you have to jack the car up, remove the inner arch liner, use mirrors, remove battery trays

all for a bulb
                      To replace the headlamp on an XK8, you have to undo the wheelarch liner to get to the last (outer) Torx screw, to remove the headlights on an S-Type the whole bumper has to come off and that's no fun at all

Comment

all sorted, mums happy, i'll prolly get a sunday dinner out of it

had to remove the header tank to get to the back of the headlamp but it was only 1 bolt and a clip. Ford wanted £30+vat and parts

wonder how they get away with EU rulings? on the continent you have to carry spare bulbs, well what a load of use bulbs are without a full set of tools

i have heard of one mercedes that was an engine out job to change the bulb

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
                          i have heard of one mercedes that was an engine out job to change the bulb

you mean the Smart, when you take the bulbs out you are taking out the motor

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post

cheeRS
                            my mrs had a head lamp bulb put in her c class merc xenon bulb plus fitting £183 thats right i told to sell i would have at that price

Comment

Working...
                            X