Is that it for this year now??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that it for this year now??

Are your MKII's off the road now for another 6 months ?

What plans you got for over the winter ? any major resto's or part resto's

any engine work being done ?

Mine as some may know , All components from the back end taken off cleaned up or powder coated , replacing/cleaning all nuts and bolts, poly bushing all bushes , new coat of waxoyl , also going to get the floor welded where the jack went through it

Major head work being done to the head, all new ignition system

New suspension on the front , with new top mounts

oh if i have any money left also want a rear disc conversion on the rear

so what you doing to yours?
    sigpic

i might clean mine......................lol, have just recieved carb service kit and a set of braided brake hoses, which i will fit soon, i also fancy a kenlowe fan kit too, but i'll buy that after ive done these jobs, or else i'll end up with loads of stuff and end up fitting none of it...

Comment

im hopefully going to clean and paint under the wheel arches and possibly the floor, take out the interior and sort some small rust spots below the rear 1/4 windows if all goes to plan!!!
      cheeRS

Comment

mine is going in to the paint shop tomorow to have a full new paint job
        sigpic

Comment

powder coating to servo bracket, respray servo, fit better exhaust manifold for starters

CheeRS
          Martin

Comment

mine is also off to the paint shop over winter for a full respray, should be back mid december looking all shiny and new, then the work really begins
            Fraz

www.seriesx.co.uk

Comment

Not too much to do, i'll spread it out so I can escape to the garage and get some peace...

Got the bvh and carbs fitted and set up on a rolling road, that just leaves:
              Leafs and front springs to change cos the rates/heights are wrong, polybush front, fit Goodrich's, kenlowe kit, rev limiter, fix leaky sump and other oil leaks, maybe fit cossie rod bolts for extra security at same time, change bannana clutch, give engine bay a tidy up, waxoiling etc....

But it will be taxed again and will be driven when the weather's nice, I may even treat myself christmas day morning to a rort about
              Paul

Comment

Lowering blocks are coming off the back end..

Possible new roof lining...

New set of engine hoses...

Comment

Also...

needs new exhaust, so wondering whether to get a new Ashley system, or go "stainless"...

Comment

Trying to put mine back together when I have time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Re-trim front seats,re-build diff into 3.9, Currently mega noisy as Andy G will testify plus little bits off paintwork.

Comment

Some easy stuff.

Oil and filter.

Carb. overhaul.

OHC oil spraybar - change.

p.s. Also replace the valve stem oil seals. Is this difficult?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot
                          p.s. Also replace the valve stem oil seals. Is this difficult?
                          Head off !

You need to remove valve springs to replace seals.

Have heard of seals being replaced with head still on but never seen it myself !
                          cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

found out there is a tools for this job which Ford dealers used to keep ? you need to find an old RS dealer who has kept there tools

it goes down the plug hole and its got a 90` degree small steel rod which holds the valves up it actually threads into the spark plug thread but they cant find one over here in NI, the garages were bought out and the old tools removed

Brian

apprently it was made by Clark ?

Comment

No chance of finding it here then!

Head off in that case. First time so it will be interesting to see the state of the valves, pistons etc.

I assume I should renew the head gasket at the same time?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X