Serious Question.....Future Shows...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Question.....Future Shows...

What do people expect to see at a show these days...

If we use croft weekend as an example...

We provide track action, 0-60 sprint, concours and a static show.

Can I ask the public what they would like to see at a weekender such as croft in the forms of attractions and things to do...

Just trying to see what everybody would like to see.....aside from naked birds

something for the kids to do aswell
    sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Some nice weather

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

i have only been to one show, but what about a show of drifting or someything rally cars etc. on the track, to attract a slightly different audience. sorry if its already been done, just not been to many shows, so can only comment on the one i have been to, and that just had a track with cars going round and round, got kinda boring in the end.

what about trying to get a grudge match going on the track, or a timed event?

Comment

Originally posted by alminera View Post
          Some nice weather
          and a pie van

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop View Post
            and a pie van

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Been mentioned a magazine grudge match style event...

RR and 0-60 say...

Think thats a good idea...

Rally stage is a good idea and drift venue to....but both limited to venue at a track day...

All good ideas though

Comment

track action,0-60,1/4 mile all get boring to watch after an hour or 2,specially the last 2.

i prefer static shows like stanford hall,lakes sunday show etc.nice chilled relax day with the sun shineing

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop View Post
                  and a pie van
                  was you born in wigan lee? lol
                  sigpic

www.oscars.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    track action,0-60,1/4 mile all get boring to watch after an hour or 2,specially the last 2.

i prefer static shows like stanford hall,lakes sunday show etc.nice chilled relax day with the sun shineing
                    Stanford hall looks like a dead show to me...all be it a very good one in the past....

If a show has the static show as well as the track - how can it get boring cause it caters for everyone - the statement doesn't makte a lot of sense unless i don;t get what your saying...

Comment

had a great 1st year lastyear 1st show was the lakes tour we where spoiled did a few static shows love the tours so did aled welsh tour which was great met some sound people aswell oh and got a picture in rallye news
                      sigpic

www.oscars.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post

Tim you prefer cars that dont move ,easier to take pics
                        CheeRS Neil

Comment

I think track action, rally stage, autotest etc and concours/show section is a great all round day for most of us. Bit of both is a good comprimise.
                          Static shows get boring because its nearly the same cars every year.
                          A good autojumble is a must at every show

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

Originally posted by ders View Post
                            I think track action, rally stage, autotest etc and concours/show section is a great all round day for most of us. Bit of both is a good comprimise.
                            Static shows get boring because its nearly the same cars every year.
                            A good autojumble is a must at every show

cheeRS Ders.
                            Agree with all of Der's comments, been to a few classic car shows and the trade, autojumble , tool , craft stalls , kids entertainment have not wained anywhere near as much as the Ford shows. I also think good reasonable priced food and somewhere to sit and chill is a good advantage.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 191964 View Post
                              Tim you prefer cars that dont move ,easier to take pics
                              hell no,you get better pics when there on the move.

there just a different atmosphere at static to track based shows
                              but ill still go to all tyresof shows
                              Last edited by Tim; 18-01-2008, 22:01.

Comment

Working...
                              X