Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Car/Cars we all missed

Hi All,

Was just thinking that most of us have must have missed out on some nice RS or maybe more than one in our life. The worst for me was a Irish Mexico that was missing just the front seats and gearbox. The rest was all there. Ask the guy to name his price and he would not sell. Car went off on scap lorry a couple of months later. This was about 15 years ago. Still makes me feel sick.

Errol

What a muppit, Surley he would have only got scrap value for it!
    sigpic

Comment

wat a pure ****.....

i missed out an a very rare original 1300gt, 1 owner as such as the car was passed onto his daughter....the car sold in 99 or there abouts for 1200 irish punts from memory, the guy that bought was asking €12k for it a few years back....it still ****es me off to this day

alos missed out on a very very clean well known rally car here....my dads mate used to own it...he gave me first refusal on it but as i wasnt speaking to the guy my dad put in the word for me to say i was not interested in it...i lost the head over it with my dad....the car is still used as a rally car for night rallies etc...it sold for €6k...but it had all the grp1 stuff on it ....but one thing i did get was all the spares for it..hence were i got my grp1 solex carbs, grp1 mk2 wheels, banned lotus steels amongst other things .....

im sure there is more....i could ave alos missed out on my mexico, but as i was the first with the cash it was mine

Comment

signal red rs2 at combe a few years back was really cheap - hmmmmmm (other things on at the time)

remember a mate of Brett and me was offered an 1800 in the late 80's for around £4k and he'd just bought a black rs2 for £3k

Comment

i sold a mk2 mexico on an s plate to west wales rally spares (i think) back in 91 for £300, needed a little work on the shell nothing major, the guy who picked it up only had one hand too and used a detachable hook type thing on his stump, was not the best thing to do looking at it now

Comment

Originally posted by taffr View Post
            i sold a mk2 mexico on an s plate to west wales rally spares (i think) back in 91 for £300, needed a little work on the shell nothing major, the guy who picked it up only had one hand too and used a detachable hook type thing on his stump, was not the best thing to do looking at it now

Comment

Originally posted by taffr View Post
              Originally posted by grum View Post

i know i know!!!! i'm a t-t !!!!!!, but they where worth **** all much then, they even used to cut them up at national day

Comment

Had the chance to but a mint 'W' reg RS2 in Green in about 1986 but decided to buy an RS 1600i in Black instead (KOO 665Y)

Seemed a good decision at the time. About 2 Months later the RS2 was stolen and never seen again.
                Cheers

Comment

sold my first RS2 when I got married, needed the cash for a fridge and washing machine .

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Originally posted by hotrs2000 View Post
                    sold my first RS2 when I got married, needed the cash for a fridge and washing machine .
                    I bet both are now on the scrap heap
                    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by smoov View Post
                      I bet both are now on the scrap heap
                      yep they are, but on the plus side the fridge did keep my beer cold and the washing machine kept my pants clean

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Turned down an RS1800 resto in 1990 for £3500 , need I say anymore .

And I wish I hadn't sold my Signal Red RS2 ...
                        And I wish I hadn't sold my Focus RS ...........
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
                          Turned down an RS1800 resto in 1990 for £3500 , need I say anymore .

And I wish I hadn't sold my Signal Red RS2 ...
                          And I wish I hadn't sold my Focus RS ...........

COME ON PAUL THATS NOT ALL SURELY

Comment

I also regret turning down the chance of buying an RS1800 (UHJ 494S). My mate owned it for a number of years and fully restored it to concours condition. Around 98/99 i was offered it for £9k before it went on public sale ..rsjohn went on to buy it..and it later appeared on Top Gear.
                            I had just stripped GVC to a bare shell so couldn`t sell it for a decent price at the time...and could not afford both!

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

In 1980 I had to decide between a 'P' reg RS1800 FOR £2800 or an 'R'' reg
                              RS2000 for £2650.
                              I went for the newer 2000 and saved £150 as I was getting married!

Comment

Working...
                              X