With reluctance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With reluctance

this evening i have accepted an offer for Worthers, up and above the current figure. I spoke to a couple of people from this board and i,m going against their their beliefs. I must confess, only this evening, i had a tear in my eye, because as long as the money hits my acc tomorrow, thats it. It may just be dawning on me. My family are more important and i have to grasp this opportunity, Ive currently had in excess of 9000 lookers and have currently 846 watchers, is there a buyer in there ???. I dont know. I would like to apologise for the way i have dealt with the parts, believe me, ive had as many pm,s from people saying, do what you want, their your parts. So i,m sorry to whom ive upset. I am trying to recoup as much as i can and offering them to the board first isn,t going to achieve the most money. My family are more important than associate friends, again, i aplogise to those ive upset. So thats it, an end of a mini era. Ive certainly wound some up, upset some, but hopefully made some happy and motivated others to what can be done. As ive said before, i sunk everything into that car in more ways than one. Its now over for me. For those who have offered support, thankyou, for those who havent, thankyou too. I will watch from afar, but my posting has now finished. I wish everyone a happy Xmas and a great new year. I wont be attending any shows next year as i dont want to see the car. If anyone does see her, just smile and think of me. I hope Worthers will always be associated with me, because i,ll never forget her. And Topaz, if you want to reconstruct this thread, go ahead.

hope it all work ian happy christmas

Comment

ian worther will always be know as your car,hope every thing at home has a happy ending

merry christmas and a happy new year

Comment

All the best to you and your family Ian, pleased to have met you, and see Worthers in its "maiden" show at classic ford

Comment

All the best with your family,and have a great christmas and new year

pleased to have met you at croft this year and to have seen worthers in the flesh It will always be known as your car Ian !

All the best

Joe

Comment

Ian,

You have reflected upon many aspects of recent events, but that is that......what is done is done. Mixed feelings I would suggest.

But good luck, and best wishes and all that.

PS.....Can you say whether Worthers will be shown or not, or is it going to be wasted and moth-balled?

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

sad times and happy ian but it lest u have got wot u wanted. hope this will make things alot easier 4 u all .
              *Edited*

Comment

Originally posted by alminera View Post
                Ian,

You have reflected upon many aspects of recent events, but that is that......what is done is done. Mixed feelings I would suggest.

But good luck, and best wishes and all that.

PS.....Can you say whether Worthers will be shown or not, or is it going to be wasted and moth-balled?

you will see her aled, i'm sure

ian hope you change your mind on turning up to some events next year, good luck no1
                Last edited by taffr; 09-12-2007, 23:45.

Comment

Originally posted by taffr View Post
                  you will see her aled, i'm sure

ian hope you change your mind on turning up to some events next year, good luck no1
                  Graham...... you did say you were going to see your 'sponsor' on Wednesday. How did you get on?.....are you the new owner ?

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Ian the car is a true stunner
                    ive been lucky enough to have seen it at rockingham this year
                    and if i ever see the car again i will all ways associate you with the car
                    Cheers Jack

Comment

Originally posted by alminera View Post
                      Graham...... you did say you were going to see your 'sponsor' on Wednesday. How did you get on?.....are you the new owner ?

interesting new sig block
                      Cheers Glyn

Comment

wish you all the best ian and stay in touch mate!
                        Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

take care Ian, all the best, you know my thoughts, you had a difficult decision good luck. Merry christmas to you all
                          MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

all the best Ian,Merry xmas to you and your family
                            sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

All the best Ian ,hope everything goes well with you and your'se,
                              have a merry christmas and a happy new year,thanks for setting the new
                              benchmark in worthers!The thread in resto's and rebuilds was a truly
                              gripping read to the point the first thing I did when I got in from work
                              was to log in and have a look,shame it's moving on to a new owner though,still lucky them!

p.s. Ian, go to garage,take her out,and kick the shit out of her down
                              you're local back lanes,bet you would feel grreeeeaaaat!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X