Ricky Nelson Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Nelson Heads

Im after a BVH and cam to give Betsy a few more ponies and been looking at one Thats been done by Ricky Nelson? Has anyone heard of them good or bad? It does look a nice bit of kit and has a newish kent Gp1 cam in it and was reportly doing 185bhp on a 2lt running 45,s, So its ticking all the right boxs its just that Ive never heard of the guy,
    Any info would be mucho appreciated Thanks in advance Paul
    sigpic

not sure about heads, but was a great performer, with hits like 'it's late', hello mary lou, and was a true rockabilly (just like our frosticles, eh Kev !)

cheeRS
    Last edited by graham John; 28-11-2007, 22:36.
    sigpic

Comment

Thats what i got when I googled it And some place in USA that did small block chevys
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post
        not sure about heads, but was a great performer, with hits like 'it's late', hello mary lou, and was a true rockabilly (just like our frosticles, eh Kev !)

cheeRS
        Rockabilly, Pah. Punk and Heavy Metal.
        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

"It's a Young World" was his last UK hit? - not long before the Mersey sound drowned out every other kind of record.

Comment

GJ showing your age.... will be getting a bus pass next'd

lololololol
            Andy

Comment

Do you mean Sam Nelson used to be in Calne in Wiltshire now lives in America!
              Steve

Comment

No it was definatly Ricky Nelson,The heads stamped with NEL181 so it could be any Nelson but has been confirmed by Ricky Nelson as one of his and the 185bhp was on Historic motorsports rollers,It just seems a high reading for a head fitted with a kent group 1 spec cam,
                cheers Paul
                sigpic

Comment

AHHHHHH Mystery solved Ricky Nelson is the in-house engine bulider for Historic motorsport so it should be a good-un hopefully
                  sigpic

Comment

JEM seem to be doing well with engine sales lately from all the coverage in retro ford. im sure some of the guys are getting close to 180 bhp and they are keenly priced too

Comment

Seller on head

I bought a gearbox for my car from the chap who has the head for sale he was a really tidy Chap

Comment

Yes spoke to him tonight and he seems to be a sound lad
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X