• any Spurs supporters here

or

no

Comment

Originally posted by grum View Post
      or

Comment

taken from Sky Sports

Martin Jol has left his post as Tottenham Hotspur manager following the club's 2-1 defeat to Getafe, according to reports.

The Dutchman's position at White Hart Lane has come under sharp focus since the early weeks of the season when club officials were pictured meeting Sevilla coach Juande Ramos.

Jol was given a vote of confidence, but results have failed to improve and Spurs are languishing in the bottom three of the Premier League.

Prior to the Uefa Cup tie with Getafe at White Hart Lane, Jol tendered his resignation, which was accepted by chairman Daniel Levy.

He still took his place in the dug-out, but was unable to end his tenure on a successful note as the Spaniards came from behind to win 2-1.

Clive Allen is expected to take charge of the Spurs side for Sunday's game with Blackburn Rovers after which Ramos is tipped to be appointed.

Former Tottenham midfielder Gus Poyet, who is currently assistant manager at Leeds United, is understood to have been offered a role as Ramos' No.2.

oh dear not good
        Lord Lucan

Rather push a Ford than Drive a Vauxhall

RSOC Member: 25467

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

Yep not good times for us
          sigpic

Comment

could be playing Forest sooner than you think !!!!!

Comment

grum dont even go there mate lets wait and see what happens at the weekend and see if things change meanwhile MK Don are doing really well
              Lord Lucan

Rather push a Ford than Drive a Vauxhall

RSOC Member: 25467

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

i think martin jol has been treated badly by spurs the way they have kept him hanging on we all knew he would be sacked sooner or later.

Comment

agree mate shocking if i were him i would have walked long ago
                  sigpic

Comment

spurs

martin jol has been treated extremely bad by the board,in my eyes he was a great manager for my team.
                    like most clubs at some point they hit a bad patch,but as alex ferguson and arsehole wenger proved loyalty pays off from the chairman and look at them now.
                    he should have atleast been given to christmas to try and turn things around here.this change will be spurs seventh manager in six years.

im gutted he has gone,and im looking forward to seeing the spurs fans reaction tomorrow when they play blackburn.

i can see martin jol going onto another club very soon (probly not english) and i bet he does well there.and this matter wont come to a close quickly,it will be going on and on for weeks/months.

im abit worried about the supposed replacement (ramos) hes in the same position as jol,hes had two good seasons with seville and this season they are crap,ramos has not had experiance in managing a english club ?.so all
                    i can see is spurs splashing out more money and still finishing as also rans.

i hope im wrong,but theres going to be more worrying times at spurs on and off the pitch.

it was great to hear that martin jol and chris houghton was watching southend play today at roots hall,and they was given a standing ovassion by the fans as they took there seats ...

Comment

Martin Jol was a legend.. i can't believe he has gone... but Juande Ramos has left Seville which would kinda indicate he is on his way to the Lane..

Perhaps this is what we need to get us out of this rut.. or perhaps it will get worse.. but i bloody hope not!!!

Jol's Departure definatly

Comment

To finish 5th is as good as it's going to get for you spurs boys. Can't see ramos improving on it to be honest.
                        Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

we will break into the top 4,im sure.you can see that in the way the board have acted over jol.ruthless in the sacking imo because we arnt at the cutting edge now.if ramos dosnt sort things out by next season he to will be sacked and treated like a dog as in jol's case
                          sigpic

Comment

saucepans dreaming as per normal.

mj a legend ? how easy it is to become one at the lane (aka high road)
                            'arsehole' wenger i think we know who has had the monopoly on arseholes in n/london lately
                            what i need is a high horse like the others have !

Comment

spurs

we all have our thoughts about martin jol,even supporters from the team who use to play in north london,
                              he was and is a legend in my eyes at tottenham and will be a hard act to follow,but going by tonights sky news ramos is 99% the new tottenham manager and i wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt watching tomorrows game.
                              only time will tell if he will bring some success to the club !
                              hopefully the players will now play for there future at the club and results will turn our way ,especially paul robinson !!!!
                              i also feel for poor old,chris houghton who played and has been involved with spurs for 26years, 10games and he,s out ???? thats loyalty....

if ramos doesnt succeed,there could be major problems for the chairman etc !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X