winter lay up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter lay up

my car will be layed up in the garage over the winter,am planing on doin the out side and running gear but wont b doin that much on the interior,what can i do to keep it lookin good,is it best to close it up totaly or to leave the window slightly open

you got power tim? small dehumidifier from argos £30, or a bag full of that moisture catching stuff you get with electrical gear , open your garage door to vent the place regularly

Comment

Tim, leave your windows open an inch, assuming you have an airchamber of some sort. If you havent, thats the first thing i,d get, Cant recommend them enough. Start the car from time to time bringing her up to temp, thats my plan anyway. And if the sun really shines.. more polish

Comment

no power in the garage, i have put 2 big tubs of the moisture catching stuff in the 2 foot wells.cars not in an air chamber cant start the car is there no exhaust on it and in a few weeks time the engine will be out getin rebuilt lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          no power in the garage, i have put 2 big tubs of the moisture catching stuff in the 2 foot wells.cars not in an air chamber cant start the car is there no exhaust on it and in a few weeks time the engine will be out getin rebuilt lol
          can you not get power to the garage ??. Will preserve the car through the Winter months more than anything

Comment

Originally posted by ian parker View Post
            can you not get power to the garage ??. Will preserve the car through the Winter months more than anything
            i can get power there but is only a temp measure as it means running a extenstion lead over a fence and across tarmac court yard/walk way, a neighbour once did the same and his power cable got cut through so not a good idea

Comment

might be worth cutting some air bricks in the garage at opposite ends, this lets the air move through the garage.
              sigpic

Comment

PM sent

Don't fall off your bike.... It Hurts

Comment

Working...
                X