The dangers of RS ownership!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dangers of RS ownership!

This is'nt exactly MKII related but I thought you all might be interested in something I witnessed last night.....

Focus RS Reg No: KN53RZJ was stolen from Mapperley, Nottingham in the early hours of Sunday 5th September.

The car was stolen by an ARMED gang, who broke into the owners house whilst he and his girlfriend were asleep, and forced them to hand over the keys at gunpoint!!!

I was staying at a mates house who lives directly opposite, and was woken (along with the rest of the street) at about 3.30am to the sound of their front door being kicked in by three masked blokes carrying pistols!! We called the Police straightaway, but by the time they arrived, the car was long gone.

The owners not a member of the RSOC, but I thought I should tell everyone on here what's gone off, so that if anyone sees the car or is offered it, we can do our bit to bring these w**kers to justice! Even in the bad old days of the late eighties / early nineties when Cossies were being nicked left right and centre, I don't remember anything as bad as this happening.

The strange thing is, that also parked in the street, were quite a few more expensive motors than the Focus, including a couple of BMW X5's, Audi A4 Cab, Porsche 996 and various Mercs. But the gang obviously wanted the RS, I guess it must have been stolen to order.

If anyone sees the car, DO NOT approach the driver, please get in contact with Nottingham Police.

Cheers
    Neil.

I have post your quote on Turbosprts and the Overclockers Motors section too mate

Brian

hope the nasty bastards get caught, probably the cars now long gone if they were that serious about getting it

and its been posted on the FFOC

Comment

i have posted on passion ford hopefully somebody will see it

Comment

and now on the RSOC site

Comment

Better keep mine locked up then.

Feel sorry for the guy.

Its not the first time this has happened.
          A guy in a Subaru had this done to him at some traffic lights in Nott's.

I'd rather push a Ford than drive a V**X***L

Comment

It scared the crap out of me Greg, just watching the aftermath of it all. Apparently they hit the guy over the head with something hard just for good measure too. An ambulance rolled up and carted him off to hospital. It's not as though it's a bad area up there either.

It just goes to show what lengths these thieving scumbags will go to, if they really want something bad enough.

Comment

My Wife works for the CPS and checked on the accuracy of this crime and a FRS was stolen as described.
              The police say that high performance cars like that are usually stolen for
              cash-in-transit robberies although they said that it's usually Subarus that
              are taken!
              The thieves will probably hang onto the car for about a week and then use it
              and dump it.
              Watch this space!

Comment

Spotted this on the BBC news site...

Cricketer victim of armed robbery

The England and Nottinghamshire cricketer Chris Read was the victim of an armed robbery at his home.
                Raiders broke into Read's home in the Mapperley area of Nottingham in the early hours of Sunday.

His fiancee and family were staying there at the time and were shaken but unharmed in the robbery.

"This was a very harrowing incident for all of us and I'm just thankful we came through it unscathed," Read said in a statement on Thursday.

"We now want to put this behind us as soon as possible and get on with our lives."

Police said Read's blue Ford Focus was stolen during the robbery and want to speak to anyone who saw it travelling on the Mapperley Plains Roads on Sunday after 0330 BST.

Despite his ordeal, Read played in Nottinghamshire's promotion winning match against Somerset on Wednesday.

Comment

That is far too close for comfort for me...... I live there!!!!! There's too much of this shit going on at the moment around here. That is a very scary thing to happen to someone and their family. There was a spate of this sort of thing happening with Golf MK4 GTTDI's in south yorkshire not long ago. Scares the crap out of me as I have my young daughter in the back mostly.
                  Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

the local milk man had a year old toyota pick up taken of him last year

this year they stung the same guy for an 04 plate landrover pick up , he hadent had it long , he got a few punches in , but he didnt stand a chance

there aint many people about at 5 in the morning

Comment

Working...
                    X