What is the best to go for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best to go for?

in regard to an alloy fuel cell been looking at Pro alloy, Perpfab, radtec and so on which gives the best value for money as I am not sure but I defo want one for the in the boot of the car as the Sub is on its way out to make way for one along with the battery tray that is in it as this will be repaced with an alloy item as well
    Lord Lucan

Rather push a Ford than Drive a Vauxhall

RSOC Member: 25467

My Car in the V/garage

69 jobbies are nice too - depends on how modded you are going

Comment

want the one that sits in the middle of the car I saw the thread about the 69 litre kiddie but would this unsettle the car?? and how much is it gonna cost to get one of these if I can find one
      Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

Originally posted by grum View Post
        69 jobbies are nice too - depends on how modded you are going

didnt Custom have a few of these.............

cheeRS
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Lucan View Post
          want the one that sits in the middle of the car I saw the thread about the 69 litre kiddie but would this unsettle the car?? and how much is it gonna cost to get one of these if I can find one

cheeRS
          sigpic

Comment

Graham thats exactly what I am looking for is the tank the pro alloy one?
            Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

all from peter lloyd rallying............

cheeRS
              sigpic

Comment

i have a prepfab item in mine and thats all good,alimax are doing a deal on them as well with tank stand etc m8.ive removed my steel straps on mine tho and used the thin ratchet straps to hold in place as a few people have crashed there rally cars and the steel straps have split the tank
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by paul andrews View Post
                  i have a prepfab item in mine and thats all good,alimax are doing a deal on them as well with tank stand etc m8.ive removed my steel straps on mine tho and used the thin ratchet straps to hold in place as a few people have crashed there rally cars and the steel straps have split the tank
                  good tip on the straps thank you now lets check out alimax anyone got a link
                  Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

there all pretty much the same.

But depending on what your using the car for they surge like foooook.

So get one with a swirl pot in it. one in picture causes fuel surge.

Comment

Dingy thanks for the guidance mate I will be running a pinto so should I get one with a swirl pot then?
                      Lord Lucan

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

If you get a copy of October Fast Ford magazine, it has an excellent article on the Pro Alloy fuel cell. There are plenty of cut away pictures and explanations of the tank construction and features included.
                        I have one of these tanks going in RVF and the quality is second to none. Although they are a lot more expensive than others on the market, you can't really compare them on a price basis.

Comment

Application is not important.

Surge creates fuel starvation - this and a facet "pants" pump will cause issues with burning the pump out as well as not feeding the engine with enough fuel.

And its much worse on track etc...

Comment

Just found these pic's of a fuel cell etc...

I recognise the pump, but what are the other bits on the right hand side?

Alan

www.rscarshows.co.uk
                            2006 AUTO GLYM Grand Final, class F (1991-2004) Winner,
                            2006 FORD FAIR STANDARD CAR OF THE SHOW
                            2006 & 07 & 08 RSOC National Day Standard RS Fiesta Winner,
                            2006, 07 & 08 RSOC Expert post class Gold cup winner,
                            2007 & 08 OVERALL GOLD CUP WINNER

Mk2 Custom - 2l Pinto, flat front, 5 speed MT75 box, - NOW SOLD

Comment

Working...
                            X