A good read..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good read..

While away, i read James Allen,s (F1 Commentator) new book "Schumacher", the edge of greatness, a good read, and a good insight to the inner workings of a front running team. A whole chapter dedicated to the great man, Senna. Theres one line that did make me smile when Senna is telling the young Scumucher how it is, "your just a stupid young boy" recommended

Originally posted by ian parker View Post
    While away, i read James Allen,s (F1 Commentator) new book "Schumacher", the edge of greatness, a good read, and a good insight to the inner workings of a front running team. A whole chapter dedicated to the great man, Senna. Theres one line that did make me smile when Senna is telling the young Scumucher how it is, "your just a stupid young boy" recommended
    When you got back, did you read the forum about Tim's Birthday ?

He was 23 today . You may like to wish him all the best?

Last edited by Aled; 14-09-2007, 21:45.

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Originally posted by alminera View Post
      When you got back, did you read the forum about Tim's Birthday ?

He was 23 today .

No, should i have done ??

Comment

No, should i have done ??
        Sorry Ian, went off topic......

The book sounds great

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Originally posted by alminera View Post
          Sorry Ian, went off topic......

The book sounds great
          the off topic bit was worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Kel View Post
            thanks Kel, i will, i know F1 is not everyones cup of tea, i just enjoy the detail and commitement for an end result. It always amazes me that Mclaren are rarely acknowledged as a "British" team, unlike WGPE.

Comment

the off topic bit was worth it

mmm, nice

cheeRS
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kel View Post

McLaren certainly know about teamwork, first of all they steal secrets from other teams then when they start winning because of the great cars they have they block one another in the pit lane

I think that's why Ferrari are so good now, they've got Schumacher (Bernie's best mate) in the garage, no such nonsense when he was around, he was the gaffer and that was that, the cheating b@@@@@st.......

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
                  McLaren certainly know about teamwork, first of all they steal secrets from other teams then when they start winning because of the great cars they have they block one another in the pit lane

I think that's why Ferrari are so good now, they've got Schumacher (Bernie's best mate) in the garage, no such nonsense when he was around, he was the gaffer and that was that, the cheating b@@@@@st.......
                  your right, you read the book, if your eyes arent already open to Schui, they will be after the book. Apart from the obvious, he did some real dodgy things, so did Benetton, ie, lauch control in 94, Senna knew, the pitlane knew, FIA couldn,t find it, yeah, right O. Still a great read, and Ferrari have pulled some strokes, still want a 360 though

Comment

your right, you read the book, if your eyes arent already open to Schui, they will be after the book. Apart from the obvious, he did some real dodgy things, so did Benetton, ie, lauch control in 94, Senna knew, the pitlane knew, FIA couldn,t find it, yeah, right O. Still a great read, and Ferrari have pulled some strokes, still want a 360 though

who wouldn't

no, I've had loads of discussions with people about "the chin" as he used to be known over here. I was amazed how many band waggon types there were when I still used to live in the UK who loved Schumacher cos he won so much. I never liked the cheating and as Ecclestone made sure his baby didn't get hurt for rule breaking he got more and more ****y, the scene in Adelaide with Hill was a farce, he should have been stripped of his points for the season for that kami-karzee effort, not rewarded with the WC.

It's happened so often the sawn off planks etc etc.

Cheating git, still he was alllowed to get away with it, funny now innit how there's a rule against overtaking to allow a team mate to gain WC point advantage and McLaren almost got done on it recently, Mr Schumacher!

I'll stop now, although I could go on for ages

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
                      who wouldn't

no, I've had loads of discussions with people about "the chin" as he used to be known over here. I was amazed how many band waggon types there were when I still used to live in the UK who loved Schumacher cos he won so much. I never liked the cheating and as Ecclestone made sure his baby didn't get hurt for rule breaking he got more and more ****y, the scene in Adelaide with Hill was a farce, he should have been stripped of his points for the season for that kami-karzee effort, not rewarded with the WC.

It's happened so often the sawn off planks etc etc.

Cheating git, still he was alllowed to get away with it, funny now innit how there's a rule against overtaking to allow a team mate to gain WC point advantage and McLaren almost got done on it recently, Mr Schumacher!

I'll stop now, although I could go on for ages
                      pmsl, again, i must agree, 97' what a joke,, as far as i know, it was written into his contract. No 1 status, come what may, spare care all the time, latest developments on the car, etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X