• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the crack with Steve Minshul running the concours at the weekend
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
      What was the crack with Steve Minshul running the concours at the weekend
      Wayne Tutin had to pull out last week due to person reasons. Not sure on details though ???

www.rscarshows.co.uk
      2006 AUTO GLYM Grand Final, class F (1991-2004) Winner,
      2006 FORD FAIR STANDARD CAR OF THE SHOW
      2006 & 07 & 08 RSOC National Day Standard RS Fiesta Winner,
      2006, 07 & 08 RSOC Expert post class Gold cup winner,
      2007 & 08 OVERALL GOLD CUP WINNER

Mk2 Custom - 2l Pinto, flat front, 5 speed MT75 box, - NOW SOLD

Comment

great selection of mk1 's , well done. only spotted 3 mk 2 mex's all day, i'm gona put mine in concourse next year , **** all competition !!!!

Comment

I enjoyed the day and thought the Venue was good. Would have been better in the in-field ala Ford fair. Weather was "Entertaining" to say the least. The Pickups as Topaz said were great to watch and loads of crashes. Didn't bother with the RSOC track sessions. The saloon cars near the end were also good untill it lashed it down.

To sum it up.....7/10
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
            we needed oxygen tanks, sherpas and a few climate trips to base camp but we finally summitted the grandstand around noon to watch those pickups racing.

awesome view from the top and you could see the whole oval.
            I take it you walked right past the lifts then Neil??!! LOL!

For those of you who missed it, the Ford saloon car race was brilliant!!! Watching Craig Rainer in the MK2, fight his way through the field from last on the grid (30th) to 4th was superb!! and then when the heavens opened halfway through the race, it was great from a spectators point of view, watching all the cars struggling to stay on the track.

It was also quite entertaining, when the Fiesta drivers did a "on track protest" at their race being called off after their parade lap!! They'd been waiting all day to race, and then all congregated on the start finish line trying to get the race marshall to come down and explain his decision face to face!!! For some reason he didn't want to talk to them!!

Comment

Glad someone enjoyed the day then

Roll on croft

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Kel View Post
                Come away thinking.... "Scrap the track go back to Stamford Hall"
                With you on that Kel

CheeRS
                Martin

Comment

Originally posted by wiggyrs View Post
                  With you on that Kel

why not have an rsoc old skool national day

o wait thats the cumbria weekend

Comment

Just got in from ND, car went bang literally at the camp site and had to get relayed home :-(.

As for ND itself, both me and Jo both enjoyed ourselves, we thought Rockingham was a good venue, and not too spread out.. esp if you were in the public car park like we were.

Track action was entertaining esp the pick ups and the Ford salloons, not many old skool racing though. View from the top of the stadium is amazing, you can see the whole circuit, and then over the other side the whole of the RSOC show.

considering the weather I think it went well, the only gripes from our members were that the local groups were a bit snug, esp with the amount of room available.

Also we saw quite a few NON RS cars on club stands, why ? this is not allowed according to the club. Also there seemed to be just non fords just parked anywhere !

Concours looked good, great standard of cars, the old skool were well represented too :-) I didn't see JH all day, was he there.

Food was good too and makes a change to have more on offer than burgers.

Gets my vote over Donno anytime, and I think it wasa good 1st show @ Rockingham and certainly something the Club can build on.

M@rk and Joey
                    Last edited by Troll; 20-08-2007, 20:13. Reason: i can't type cause i am too tired !
                    [/quote]ford-rs.co.uk

Mark
                    Ex X-pack owner

Comment

John h was at nat day

Comment

Working...
                      X