Just had MK2 out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had MK2 out

and it was pishing down , having trouble with the battery not getting full charge from alternator , despite new alternator , spoke to Oggie re 'mystery tour' and thought I had better give car a shake down run .

The only way to describe it was scary , firstly the current drivers seat is a fixed bucket that is far too close to the wheel and pedals for comfort , the tyres are 20 year old Firestone S660's (ditchfinders) , the wipers have turned to solid rubber so I might as well rub two bits of wood over the screen , the heater doesn't blow = steamed up front and back screen , the suspension is rock solid , the alternator light flickered in tune with the wipers , I think it needs

Anyway, my daughter was in the back and has named the car 'Smartie' as she thinks its smart , a very twisted 8 year old

Think it will be the Volvo for me tomorrow , get the items in the back a bit better Grum

Plan - Fettle the MK2 for Croft
    sigpic

Originally posted by RUDDY View Post
    The only way to describe it was scary , firstly the current drivers seat is a fixed bucket that is far too close to the wheel and pedals for comfort , the tyres are 20 year old Firestone S660's (ditchfinders) , the wipers have turned to solid rubber so I might as well rub two bits of wood over the screen , the heater doesn't blow = steamed up front and back screen , the suspension is rock solid , the alternator light flickered in tune with the wipers ,
    forgotten what it was like to have a mk 2 eh, Paul

cheeRS
    sigpic

Comment

Innit nice to get the RS out of the shed again?
      It sure is alot different to drive than the sterile cars of today!

Comment

Bet you still loved every minute of it though paul.
        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Working...
        X