computer people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer people

Just got a new computer and i need to change something but not sure what it is i change

On my old pc when i clicked on one of the web site icon shortcuts on my desktop it opened the website , then if i wanted to visit another site i minimized the page , clicked on another desktop icon to open another site .then when i want to go back to the first one click on the minmized one to open it up again .

Now when i minimize the first one and click on another the first one dissapears from the taskbar and the new page opens .

I am sure there was something under control panel...internet options...advanced that you can change so i can do as above but not sure what it is i change.

any help? cheers
    sigpic

Try using firefox as your browser instead of internet explorer. More secure and easy browsing, new windows open in tabs at the top, easy to click back and fore http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/products/firefox/

Comment

Definitely find firefox better here to.

easier to switch between different sites without having to minimise.
      you can download it for free.
      If life is like a box of chocolates, how come i still have to go to work.

CheeRS Si

Comment

yep same here, tabbed browsing, haven't used MS Explorer for years now, the tabs are great and you can even get extensions for FF that that if you close the browser by mistake it will save the web page addresses and when you restart FF it asks you if you want to re-open those pages

Comment

sorted now ...just found that this new fangled vista thingy has tabbed browsing...lol , dont forget ive been used to windows 98 for the last 9 years
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X