TV re-writes history AGAIN !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV re-writes history AGAIN !

Yes I know its not PC to use the word Nigger but that was the name Guy Gibson gave his Labrador

They keep calling the dog "old boy" in a dubbed over sort of way

Will they soon start saying that Henry VIII had his wives hair cut and not had their heads cut off instead ?

Oh for those who dont know who Guy Gibson was

He was Wing Commander of The Dambusters (on CH4 now)

Next thing you know a film will be made praising the Americans for capturing The Enigma de-coding machines
    Last edited by RS2000CUSTOM; 14-07-2007, 18:11.
    cheeRS

DAVE

The initial "bouncing bomb" tests were carried out 3 miles from where I'm typing this.
    More TV errors in the James May programme the other night, claiming Apollo 9 was first round the moon (It was Apollo 8. Apollo 9 tested the lunar module in earth orbit).

The thing about the "N word" is that it is a term of endearment between one Afro-Caribbean guy and another (and as far as I know between Afro-Americans too). This can be seen regularly on motorsport forums in the Caribbean. Not so long ago a member of one motor club was killed in a road accident and "RIP mah niggah" was the standard tribute.
    (In the country there that I help with it's motorsport, a slight deficiency in the hair department on the top seems to have earnt me the name "da white dread"......)

Comment

lol @ "Da White Dread"

OK what else is "supposed" to have happened a different way to the actual event as portrayed in Films/TV

BTW:- A Dambusters museum is built at the Derwent Vally Dam might be worth a visit
      Last edited by RS2000CUSTOM; 14-07-2007, 18:40.
      cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

The water tanks used for testing used to be in a building at the National Physical Laboritories (spell) until dozy builders knocked down the wrong building during refurb work ,so tanks gone Atomic clock still there though.
        CheeRS Neil

Comment

I have this film on DVD with no editing of words.
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

up yours ......

imagine the dubbing that would be needed on love thy neighbour now
            what i need is a high horse like the others have !

Comment

Great photo I took a few years back, my great uncle was a part of 617 squadron, took my son down to this famous location for that very reason.

Rob may know this place, there is or was a little display there for him.

Attached Files
              Last edited by Guest; 15-07-2007, 10:07.

Comment

Originally posted by KL View Post
                The initial "bouncing bomb" tests were carried out 3 miles from where I'm typing this.
                More TV errors in the James May programme the other night, claiming Apollo 9 was first round the moon (It was Apollo 8. Apollo 9 tested the lunar module in earth orbit).

The thing about the "N word" is that it is a term of endearment between one Afro-Caribbean guy and another (and as far as I know between Afro-Americans too). This can be seen regularly on motorsport forums in the Caribbean. Not so long ago a member of one motor club was killed in a road accident and "RIP mah niggah" was the standard tribute.
                (In the country there that I help with it's motorsport, a slight deficiency in the hair department on the top seems to have earnt me the name "da white dread"......)

would the testing have been carried out around the solent area keith, or was it down on the dorset coast
                MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

alot of test was done off the north kent coast at Reculver (above photo)

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
                    would the testing have been carried out around the solent area keith, or was it down on the dorset coast

Thinking of Chesil beach Dave.

Comment

The initial aircraft drops (of a round bomb - there's a dented casing in the Portland museum still I think) from a Wellington were into the Middle Fleet - the Fleet Lagoon behind Chesil Beach, near the village of Langton Herring.
                      All later weapon trials, dropped from a Lancaster, were at Reculver on the north Kent coast, as has been mentioned.
                      For motoring connections, the design work was of course done by Wallis at Brooklands (although he actually worked from Fox Warren, the experimental office in a nearby house) where a replica of his later "Tallboy" bomb stands (or stood, it's years since I lived nearby).

Comment

Working...
                      X