It's hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dasadrew View Post
    **** me it IS HOT!!! Just arrived in Athens this morning - as the man says it's 46°C in the shade.

Arrived for a meeting with the Army, but they all got sent home at midday as the Athens power supply system was about to collapse with all the air con working. So we had a leisurely afternoon. Went to go into the hotel roof pool but had to abort - think I would have been cooked!

Now withdrawn into aircon hotel room!

You still here in Athens? Let me know.

I was in Turkey yesterday, just arrived back in Greece today. It was just as ****in hot there as well.

Comment

i can remember landing at Ayres Rock, as soon as you got off the plane, it was like a brick wall, couldn,t breath, I staggered to the little shed they called the terminal, i think they said it was 46-47, thats the hottest ive ever experienced

Comment

Hoover Damn, Las Vegas, Last year, 125 degrees, i could,nt breathe!!!!!!!
        Come back with a great tan tho!!!
        sigpic

Comment

I see what youz meanz boyz

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Originally posted by ian parker View Post
            i can remember landing at Ayres Rock, as soon as you got off the plane, it was like a brick wall, couldn,t breath, I staggered to the little shed they called the terminal, i think they said it was 46-47, thats the hottest ive ever experienced

obviously never been near one of Customs BBQ on start up

cheeRS
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
              Yeah.

We live at the foothills of the mountain which caught fire yesterday. The smoke was so dense it became like twilight. Our house backs onto a forest

Spent a sleepness night watching the red glow in the sky just behind our village. Fortunately the fire has moved south so we are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by TimGR View Post
                You still here in Athens?
                just a flying visit this time. Was at Stratopedon Fakinou on Katechaki, staying in Zafolia Hotel.

Got back to France last night. Was nice to cool off with only 30°C here.

As well as the 45°C in Athen, I was running out of oxygene due to ozone overload.

Hope to spend more time when we finally get to deliver the E/P's to Megara! You can see the Kart circuit at Megara quite well from the air.

Comment

I was running out of oxygene
                  is that this type of Oxygene

Comment

just a flying visit this time. Was at Stratopedon Fakinou on Katechaki, staying in Zafolia Hotel.

Got back to France last night. Was nice to cool off with only 30°C here.

As well as the 45°C in Athen, I was running out of oxygene due to ozone overload.

Hope to spend more time when we finally get to deliver the E/P's to Megara! You can see the Kart circuit at Megara quite well from the air.
                    Megara isn't a kart circuit - it's Greece's No.1 car racing circuit!

PM me next time you are over we can meet for a beer and I'll take you out in the Mk 1

Comment

Megara isn't a kart circuit
                      Well, anyway, from 5000 feet it looks like a Kart circuit

PM me next time you are over we can meet for a beer and I'll take you out in the Mk 1
                      (but I only drink Mythos! )

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit View Post
                        is that this type of Oxygene

thanks for "jarr"ing my memory how to spell inglish

Comment

great album
                          MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

thanks for "jarr"ing my memory how to spell inglish

Hear Dasa eye now you wood doue the samm fur mee

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
                              great album
                              Just downloaded it.
                              Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment