• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what a load of ....

bollox.

reply back from the goverment about historic road tax

------------------------------------

The Government is committed to using Vehicle Excise Duty as a means of bringing environmental factors into consideration when people choose to take ownership of a car. Vehicle Excise Duty also helps to support the Government's wider policy objectives by providing a valuable source of revenue from which important public services may be funded.
    The Government recognises that many historic car owners would have been disappointed when the 1998 Budget decision was made to freeze the rolling 25 year exemption at 1973. However, the Government continues to judge that in the light of its environmental focus for Vehicle Excise Duty it would be inappropriate to extend the exemption at this point in time.
    It should be noted that the current exemption remains in force, currently benefiting some 307,407 vehicles, many of which will be maintained in careful preservation by their owners. The exemption applies equally to all historic cars built before January 1973 irrespective of their country of manufacture.
    Some other types of historic vehicle are also exempt from payment of Vehicle Excise Duty. This Government decided to make all steam powered vehicles exempt from April 2001, benefiting vehicles like preserved steam powered road rollers and traction engines. Historic lorries built before 1973 are also exempt, provided that they are not used commercially.
    The Government believes that it has got the balance right in the current exemptions it offers. In considering the case for further exemptions or changes to existing ones the Government has to consider the stability of its tax measures, the consistency of its environmental signal, and the costs of delivery - these would include initial implementation costs and ongoing administrative costs.

i also got that email today, bloody to##ers

Comment

shite init!
      Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

not much we can do then...
        sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Steam powered MKII it is then!! Chop the top of a 69l tank and make a useful coal bucket!!!

Bloody tossers, if they'd kept to the rolling 25 year system, we'd all be tax exempt by now!!

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000&MEXICO View Post

not much we can do then...
            Who voted Labour ?

NOT ME !

But more importantly

Who voted at all ?

I DID !

If you didnt vote then you have no right to complain about ANY decision made by this or any government (agree they are all tossers who feather their own beds)

When only 20% of the UK's population vote then any government know 80% of the country can moan BUT IT DONT MEAN NOTHING to the government

Rant Over
            cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Don't vote as I don't see anyone worth voting for and thus for me to vote just for the sake of it would be a waste of a vote. Untill the day comes when a party actually CARES about our country and not about lining their own pockets maybe I will change my mind but untill then "It doesn't matter who you vote for, The Government always wins"
              Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

I voted but wasnt for these knobheads and just got the same email link back so I shall complain

I fail to see why my june 73 mex has to pay tax and 1 made 6 months earlier doesnt

and I wont start on my mark 2 thats 31 yrs old

hurumph

maybe I just dont pay enough tax already
                Cheers Glyn

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
                  Don't vote as I don't see anyone worth voting for and thus for me to vote just for the sake of it would be a waste of a vote. Untill the day comes when a party actually CARES about our country and not about lining their own pockets maybe I will change my mind but untill then "It doesn't matter who you vote for, The Government always wins"
                  Well said Patch Have you got your political head on for a change

Comment

Originally posted by Mk2grp4 View Post
                    Suppose I'm still an Anarchist at heart after all these years.
                    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Mk2grp4 View Post

It's his political Head of Hair that Kev is having a problem with
                        cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Start the next revolution then

Comment

Working...
                          X