No announcement yet.

Rough recollections of 24 h de Le Mans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough recollections of 24 h de Le Mans.

I was fortunate enough to have made the trek, and endured the hardship that attending this event meant last w/e. It was a brilliant experience.

The journey was gruelleing, and was comprised of the following means of transport:-

Car, Plane, Train, Tube, another Tube, Train, Car, Boat, and finally another 6 hour Car journey.

Sleep was at a premium for 72 hours, and I've seldom felt as cold as I did on Sat. night. Crowds were pretty impressive (250,000) but the heavy rain meant the campsites were a mess. A sense of humour is esssential.

I took a few pics on the camera phone...

Dover. As fitted to a Range Rover. They had a pivot, so swung too

Lambo at Arnage Village. Lots of serious motors around on Friday.

Ferrari F40. Nice.

Some joker put a sticker on the back of it later on

A long session in the pub was had.....

It was then that this remarkable machine arrived....

On closer inspection it turned out to be a Reliant Robin, with the roof cut off and a customised rear deck

We packed up Sunday morning (expecting poor weather), and when the safety car came out the race was effectively over 1 hour early. The pace, noise, reliability, and endurance of the cars, trams, drivers, and spectators were really impressive.

We bumped into a bunch of born again bikers headed south to Spain at a motorway service station. 1 bike stood out. Orange County Choppers job. It was really flogging down at this point and I felt sorry for the hundreds of open sports cars drivers and passengers and bikers on route.

Leaving that hour ahead of time meant traffic on the ferry dash was quite light. However a check on the itinerary showed we'd left rather too early and an unscheduled stay in the local Ritz Carlton in Boulogne was made. Very classy joint altogether

sigpic

any pics of car 32?

Nutty Professor

Comment

Sounds like you had a right laugh Nice one

Comment

loving the dog bolloxs LOL

Comment

good thread, looks a hoot, loved the pencil sharpener with the bog on the back,

cheeRS
          sigpic

Comment

tee heee

great chopper

Comment

Working...
            X